Thursday, October 30, 2008

10/30/08


I went out this afternoon when I got home and tried to photograph some fall color. Our leaves are still not very changed yet, but they are beginning. Look at the second picture... notice all of the beautiful colors popping through the leaf. I am thankful for the splashes of color God gives us in the fall. Constant reminders that He is always with us.

Genesis 8:22
While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.


I wish I had had my camera at school this morning. There was a heavy frost on the grass and there were leaves with frost on them that were so pretty. I hate that I get so busy now with school that I don't have time to capture the small things we normally walk by and don't even notice. I find that I am constantly looking for a photograph. I am always trying to imagine how something would look to capture a moment. I really hate I missed that moment this morning....

We have a fire in the wood stove tonight. Can you tell who is enjoying it greatly? They are the cutest things...


Off to read to the kids, grade papers and have some coffee. I love these cozy nights. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The kitties and the leaves - cute and gorgeous. We lost our two warrior kitties (Desert Sands and Sand Storm; for short we called them Desert and Storm) last Christmas to a virulent cat flu. I was in Tokyo visiting my daughter - my husband dealt with is super sick darlings and lost them both while I tried to support him from many miles away. We have one surviving cat (another cast off of the grown daughter living in Tokyo). He is a bit of a bully so we have not brought new kitties into our lives. Someday . . .
Our first quarter is ending - wow it goes fast!

Sal Cartusciello said...

Cats in front of the fire. We have seen that plenty of times. Cute. :-)

Gretchen said...

Oh! I want to curl up in front of the fire!
We have gas logs. While it is nice to be able to just 'flip' on the fire, there is nothing like real wood burning. I love the smell and the sounds.

The leaf is beautiful. I LOVED that verse too.
What a great reminder of God's faithfulness!

Amy said...

Love the pictures of the kitties in front of the fire. Too cute!!!