Sunday, October 05, 2008

10/05/08

More fall pictures from yesterday. I liked these of the pumpkins. :)




Here is another couple of shots from the beach last weekend. Sea oats are in the first shot and I tried to get some neat shots of the palm fronds, but it was difficult with all of the wind. This one below will have to do. lol



I am still working on my Powerpoint. Let's just say I am continually learning but feel it is coming along. I am doing it on the voting process, in simple terms for school, since we are learning about the election this year. I was still overwhelmed as to how to present that to Kindergarten through Fifth grades. The Lord is so good and our pastor actually spoke on voting this morning. He said we are to align how we vote based on what God's Word says... and he is correct. It doesn't matter about the politician him/herself but what they believe and how it goes with what God says.

He also gave verses as to WHY we should vote and why it is important for Christians not to just sit back and be complacent. We are the light of the world... we have to be a voice for what the Bible says. The following verses were so true and went along well with how I could teach the children the importance of our votes. I am so thankful the Lord gave those to me to help because they fit in so well with my presentation. Off to work on that some more...

Matthew 5:13-16
Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid.
neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

5 comments:

wendy said...

so were you down on the sidewalk for that first pumpkin shot? :) is the powerpoint for the chapel you've been talking about, or is this something else? i love it when things all come together. . . at church!

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

All of your photos are so very pretty, but the second one is just so cool! Great composition and I love the bright color. :)

Sal Cartusciello said...

Did not realize the presentation for the while elementary school. That is hard trying to present to such a wide range of ages and understanding.

Anonymous said...

How fantastic your pastor talked of voting.. I was talking with a friend of mine about why it seems this subject is NEVER mentioned from the pulpit. I will never understand it b/c it is so important. Good for him for speaking up!

Amy said...

Beautiful pictures! That is hard trying to do a presentation for a big age group like that. I know you will do a great job with it :-)