Saturday, October 04, 2008

10/04/08

FALL time today and what a beautiful day it was. Time to pick out some pumpkins.



This afternoon we went to the Farmer's Market to get our pumpkins for the kids to paint. We started this tradition with one of my best friends and her daughter when they were around two. Their first pumpkins were pretty much all paint and no recognizable face. It is amazing to see how much they change in how they do them from year to year. The kids had a lot of fun painting them today.

I loved going to the Farmer's Market and taking photos. There are always neat things to see and try there. We tried some tomato that was out of this world and we bought some. I think we're going to have "BLT's" on Monday night... yum. We also bought some squash and apples to enjoy. I will be sharing some of the pictures I took there in the next few weeks. I still have lots to show from the beach, too, so I will post both many days.

There were actually some really big pumpkins there this year. I didn't remember them being this big last year.

Steve was not expecting me to take his picture. lol

The kids and I wait for Steve to get seafood from the Farmer's Market Seafood. He said he was craving some tonight so we waited. We took it home and had another movie night. lol

I had to have an "artsy" moment with the paint. It turned out OK, but because of the white it turned out darker than I had wanted. lol
Mikayla was definitely all girl with the way she did hers.
Let's just say that Wesley didn't paint his the way I imagined today. lol He is definitely a boy is all I can say.

Family moment on the front porch!

I felt kind of "brain dead" this morning. I did not work on my Powerpoint stuff today as I had hoped, but my family came first. I'll work on it tomorrow afternoon. I found myself doing some really strange things when I was working on some other things for the house today. I know it is because I have too many things on my mind and not enough memory to contain it all.

Last night after we watched our movie with the kids, Steve and I watched IronMan. Now, I will say that Steve watched the entire thing... I had a few moments of not being really "with it." It was good, but quite intense at times. Definitely a guy movie. lol When that movie ended, he and I just talked and talked. I don't think we've had time to talk like that for a couple of months because of work and family obligations. It felt wonderful just talking with my best friend.

This picture is one of Steve's footprints in the sand last weekend. I wish I could have gotten only his, but it was difficult with so many people on the beach.


They go along with a song I heard today called "Foot Prints in the Sand" ... it is one I heard for the first time on our anniversary this year in May. Steve actually played it for me. Here are some of the lyrics to that song. When he turned it on for me to hear that day it brought tears to my eyes because he said he thinks of me whenever he hears it. I can still have tears when I hear it even now. I am so thankful for my sweet man.


You walked with me
Footprints in the sand
And helped me understand
Where I'm going
You walked with me
When I was all alone
With so much unknown
Along the way
Then I heard you say.....

I promise you
I'm always there
When your heart is filled with sorrow
and despair
I'll carry you
When you need a friend
You'll find my footprints in the sand


2 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like y'all had a fun day!! Love the family picture :-)

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

What a fun day, I love the way your kids paint their pumpkins! I'm going to have to do that with Anika and Allyson. Do they draw the face freehand before they paint?

Great shot of Steve's footprints and beautiful song lyrics too! :)