Thursday, October 23, 2008

10/23/08


These are some wonderful apples we bought at the Farmer's Market the other week. Can't remember the name right off, but they are really good and sweet. I can't stand a mealy apple and that is why I don't enjoy Golden Delicious or Red Delicious. My favorites are Gala and Pink Lady. They are crisp and sweet. These are similar to both of those that I love... whatever their name is. lol (and, no, they are not the "Rome" apples that are written on the handles of the bags. lol)

It has surely been a busy week. I had so much left on my desk to do today but I finally just brought home the papers that needed grading and knew it would be there when I returned tomorrow. I'll be glad when I can "x" off some of these things from my "to do list." Of course, I do love being busy so I should see that as a blessing. Idle time is not always good.

I was able to talk with my friend Sal today. :) He called from San Diego. They are moving back home in December/early January and I am tickled. It was so good to hear his voice. We email/blog regularly but there is something about talking to a person that makes you realize how much you miss them face to face. He and his wife, Morgan, are dear friends and it will be nice having them closer. They are actually building a house not far from ours. I have been able to go photograph it for them as it is being built. It is exciting to see it all unfold.

I wanted to show my flag picture again. I used this one on my Powerpoint presentation for the voting at school. This afternoon Steve and I went to vote. We are thankful for the opportunity to vote early. It is a blessing to know I have done what I am supposed to do....

What a privilege it is to be able to vote. I have been reminded of this verse a lot lately. The others I used in my Powerpoint presentation. We all need food for the soul from God's Word.... especially with the topic of voting.

II Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Matthew 5:13, 14, 16
ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid.
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven.

3 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

I now eat gala apples. A produce person here told me about them, and I do enjoy them quite a bit.

It was good talking with you. Just a few more months.

Gretchen said...

Great pics ... love the flag one!
Thanks for the encouraging words from the Word.

Oh! I've tagged you!

Amy said...

Beautiful flag picture!!