Monday, October 20, 2008

10/20/08

Today was a teacher workday and I got a lot accomplished. I got most everything on my list completed. I still have some things to finish, but overall it felt good to mark off things from my list today. :)

I helped my best friend with a project tonight. She is in graduate school and had to do an art project reflecting a theory she has been studying. I thought it turned out quite well. Hard to describe, but it went well. :) I just enjoyed spending time with her. When I got home I found a nice surprise... Steve had fired up the wood stove!! It is around 44 degrees here tonight and he got her going. Our first cozy fire!! I am very thankful for the heat! (I realize some of you from up north are probably laughing but remember, 60 degrees down here in the south causes us to get out our winter coats...)

Want to know what we did a lot at the fair? We ate... and ate... and ate some more. Here are just a few examples. lol


Steve got himself a huge turkey leg... he said the beginning was better than the end. lol I guess he feels they look better than they eat!

No fair would be complete without the taste of cotton candy... at least for Steve and the kids. They kind of have a "deer in the headlights" look, huh?

Funnel cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Yes, I have a goofy grin...

Kevin got his annual deep fried peanut butter sandwich. He said it was beyond words yummy. Next week we're trying the deep fried macaroni and cheese. Leave it to us southerners to clog up some arteries....


It was quite chilly, you know, so we found some coffee. Our coffee loving daughter "begged" for coffee and got some. :) This was regular so she could only have a couple of sips. Later that evening we found a booth that sold decaf so she got her own cup... and drank it all. lol

Blooming onion... of course!
Farmer's Market ham biscuit. Steve said they were the best EVER.
Lunch... where I had my annual footlong hotdog. :)



3 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

My arteries are clogging 3000 miles away. :-) Sure looks like you all had quite a bit of fun.

Amy said...

LOL
Looks like y'all had fun and ate a lot of yummy things.

Morgan said...

Deep fried Peanut Butter sandwiches and mac n cheese! I tell ya--we Southerners will deep fry anything if it stands still long enough. I had to move out here to try my first deep friend pickle. Now THAT was deeeeeelicious! These Californians don't know good deep golden fried goodness---or weight problems, for that matter--I only speak from my own experience! ; )