Wednesday, October 29, 2008

10/29/08

Thanks to all of you that gave your thoughts on the pictures from yesterday. :) She chose number 7. I must say I fell in love with those pictures. I may have to do something with them myself!!

Here is another fall shot from the fair. I love all of the colors. :)


I am beginning to see a small light at the end of my busy tunnel at school. I am thankful for the "check in the boxes." It will not be over till after Christmas but it is better. Of course, once January hits there will be a new busyness. lol

Today my two precious and "perfect" children got in trouble for the same thing at school. LOL

It wasn't a major thing, but their teacher (who has known them since they were born) said she hated to get them in trouble because it hurts her like it would a parent. I told her that she can't treat them any differently than the other kids and not to even think that way. They have to learn responsibility and if forgetting to turn in a paper gets them in trouble... well, so be it. It is so important to teach kids responsibility in the small things at a young age so that it grows and matures with them. Too many times I see people not want to make life hard for their kids but they are doing them a disservice. I didn't enjoy the fact that they forgot their paper and got in trouble, but I also have to give them enough room to grow in that area. It doesn't mean I am going to take my "hands off" of them and not make sure they are doing what they should. The reminding, etc... will get less as they get older because it will be more on them, but as a parent I know it is still my responsibility to help them until they are in the much older grades to give them that foundation of consistency in expectations and responsibility.

I have had people tell me before I am "too hard" on my kids. I don't see it that way... I see it that I care enough to make sure they are well-rounded children who are responsible and doing their best for the Lord. We can't please people always... but if what we are doing pleases the Lord, then that is what we are to do. When we please the Lord, nothing else matters.

I am reminded of this verse as I close tonight because this is what I have learned for myself and want for my children:

Colossians 3:23
And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men:

3 comments:

High5Hughes said...

Thanks! I really needed that reminder tonight!

Amy said...

Beautiful picture! I have also been told I am too hard on my kids. I agree with everything you said. I also love that verse!

Katie said...

see you tomorrow! wait look at the time...yikes! today i mean.