Saturday, November 01, 2008

11/01/08


Another leaf shot from the other day. Not sure if the black spots are part of the process or if there is something wrong with the leaf. lol

Today I had a very fun time photographing various things with one of my former students, Katie. I taught her 10 years ago!!! She loves photography and wants to learn more about it. We were going to just go out and "shoot" but it actually turned into a lesson for her. It was so much fun teaching her to see life through the camera to capture a moment and not just a picture. I also let her know that I by no means know all there is to know about photography and taking pictures, but I am still learning just as she will be. If we ever stop learning, we stop growing and expanding ways to capture things. She and I took some pics of leaves, first. I was bitten many times by SOMETHING and it was probably ants. Great. I'll be showing those leaf pictures later.

Then we went to an area I have been wanting to go for a long time now but didn't want to go by myself. It was an old house/barn area. There were old trucks and cars around the place with trees and such growing out of them. lol Interesting stuff to shoot. When we got there, there were No Trespassing signs all over the place. lol We didn't stay terribly long, but the place had some character to it and I just had to have a few moments there. Since I was concerned for time spent there we didn't get into a lot of areas I would have liked, but I did manage a few neat shots, I guess. Here are three pictures of hinges I captured. I realize they may not be everyone's exciting things to photograph, but you all know I love details and these colors contrasted so nicely. The last one, I will admit, is my least favorite. lol




I was trying to teach Katie to think with her camera and know what was needed for each shot. I know the day was a bit overwhelming for her because I have been in those shoes. BUT.... she learned enough to grow and become more aware of what she is doing when she photographs something. I gave her homework.... I am a teacher, you know. I am looking forward to seeing what she does with it. Even if she has a camera that does not always cooperate. lol It was a beautiful day to spend with a beautiful young lady. :)

Last night we went Trick or Treating... sort of.... lol Mikayla was Julie the American Girl Doll and Wesley was a tiger. This was Kevin's tiger costume from when he was in the fourth grade!! They both looked too cute, in MY opinion. :) Mikayla's hat was the highlight of her costume as we had to search for a while for it and finally found it in Myrtle Beach. I had to pay $15 for it, so she will be wearing it more than this one day. lol


Our "trick or treating" is not like most people's that go to house to house in a neighborhood. We travel all around to visit family and friends who want to see the kids. We made 3 stops before we went to my best friend's house and let them trick or treat in their neighborhood. Our stops (the first two especially) consisted of going in the houses and sitting down for a visit. That, to me, is our treat of the day. We get to see some people we haven't seen in a long time and it is nice.

The kids got lots of candy, of course. I ate a lot of candy corn on a "no supper stomach" and almost made myself sick because I ate so many. lol It was a fun night for the kids and we were all tired when we finally got back home! That is why there was no post yesterday! Enjoy the rest of these pics!




Girlfriend got her "groove" on with the tiger tail. lol

4 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

The kids look good in their costumes. Of course I am disappointed that Wesley did not go as a farmer of John Deere worker. :-)

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is those costumes are too cute!! :) My favorite picture is the one with Wesley and Mikayla where girlfriend is getting her "groove" on! I can't believe that was Kevin's costume-I know he was a proud uncle!!

Amy said...

The kids are too cute!!!

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

That last shot is just adorable, too cute! What fun outfits! I also just love the three hinge/door shots!