Sunday, October 19, 2008

10/19/08

Today was another beautiful fall day. It was still a bit chilly, though. Getting closer to starting up the wood stove! Yahooo.... :) Coffee tonight!

Had to capture a "fair rides" moment last night. I love the challenge of photographing the fair at night. I thought this turned out pretty well.


I wanted to share my fireworks pictures from the fair, too. Fireworks have been a great challenge to capture... I wish I had had my tripod, but I thought they turned out alright. This is the FIRST time since I have really begun photography that I have been pleased with any of my shots. I took one zillion, fifty eight million of them, but these were the ones that really turned out. :) The Ferris Wheel was moving during the display and it made for a nice "foreground." I realize it is in all pictures, but I was trying to create a moment, here. lol The plus side of the wind blowing us and causing us to be REALLY cold last night was the fact that it took away the smoke from the fireworks so you could actually see them better. :)





Grand Finale

4 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Those are some great night pictures. Bravo! The ferris wheel looks really good.

Morgan said...

I love these fireworks shots. Congratulations to Mikayla for her blue ribbon--that is awesome! Wesley is proud of her I'm sure. And I am not suprised that your scrapbook pages won 1st place--your pages are always fantastic! I loved the pix of Wesley looking at the frog. Very cool! Congratulations to the whole family--I understand your brother won BIG time!! ; )

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

Very cool, you did especially great for handholding these! My favorites are the first and last fireworks shots! :)

Amy said...

You did great!!!!! Those are hard pictures to take...especially hand held. I am really loving the ferris wheel one!!