Saturday, October 25, 2008

10/25/08

The sun has set over the NC State Fair for us...


This was our last day at the fair and I am so sad. I always hate the time when we leave it each year. There is always so much to do and we didn't get to everything we wanted to do this year! I think it is because we ate too much. Literally. We ate, and ate, and ate. I'll show those lovely pics tomorrow. lol I am beyond full right now and I don't think I have felt that way in a LONG time. I am thankful I don't eat like this every day!!

It was a bit drizzly when the day started out. We got there around lunchtime and stayed till about 9:00. There wasn't a lot of people for a Saturday there, but when the weather turned nicer, it got more crowded. It definitely wasn't as crowded as I have seen it in past years, though.


I had wanted to walk around and just capture parts of the fair. I did a little bit of that, but it was always a quick shot in passing. I am always worried I am going to lose one of the kids or get left by my family that I can't tarry in one spot long... unless we are eating. It was difficult at times to get some shots because of having food in my hands. lol Powdered sugar floated all over me at one point, and that included parts of my camera. I had to get rid of that quickly!


We did our annual ride of the Ferris Wheel with Daddy right before we left. I find the older I get the more afraid of heights I become. Last year I had a REALLY hard time dealing with being at the top, but I don't want to give up the tradition. This year I handled it much better. I tried to get some decent shots from the top, but it is always difficult when your car is doing swinging and kids are moving beside you wanting to see ponies down below us.... or if another little one's head kept getting in the way of my shots. lol

View from the top of the Ferris Wheel.
On the top of the Ferris Wheel... Kevin, Steve and Wesley

Me, Mikayla and Daddy (being goofy, but what is new) on Ferris Wheel.
Hope you enjoyed these views from the fair. I'll share more tomorrow. Can't believe it has already come and gone. Until next year....

2 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Besides being afraid of heights, I am always suspicious of any ride put up or taken apart every week with tools I have in my garage. :-)

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

Fun shots!!! My favorite of scenery is the first one, for goofiness it's the last one! :)