Friday, October 03, 2008

10/03/08


These apples were in the back of a truck on Farm Days and they were making fresh squeezed apple cider with them. They caught my eye and I couldn't resist. I know the people who owned the truck thought I was a bit crazy. lol They remind me of fall time.

Today was a perfect fall day around here, minus all of the color... We don't get the color till around the end of October. I was loving the blue skies and the wonderful temperatures. It made me want to get out and take more pictures... but that hasn't happened. lol

After this week, I was kind of dreading coming home and having to clean the house. I knew I wanted to do it today, though, because I don't want to deal with it on Saturday. We walked in and there was my wonderful Steve cleaning. He told me he knew I had had a rough week and he was trying to get it done before we got home. lol I appreciated it more than he'll ever know. Since I love to vacuum I told him I would begin with that so we could be finished before dark. lol He made my week. :)

He also has the windows opened and that is an awesome feel. It is great to air through the windows. :)

I was able to use the verse Philippians 4:13 again today with a former student I am "mentoring." I am continually amazed at how the Lord brings verses to my mind that help me as well as many other people at a given time. I used it with my best friend and with a fellow co-worker who is going through a really rough time right now. He knows what we need and when we need it!

I think we're going to have a movie night/picnic at home. I've been gone most of every night this week so that sounds like a wonderful plan to me!!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

LOVE that apple picture!! These cool temps are wonderful aren't they!! That was so sweet of Steve to help you out like that :-) Enjoy your movie night!!!

Sal Cartusciello said...

I'm jealous. I miss fall. Even at best, we are not back until late December.

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

What a cool apple shot, too bad we can't go out photo shooting with each other and look weird together! How sweet of Steve to help out with the house cleaning before you got home!