Sunday, October 12, 2008

10/12/08


Another fall pic from the Farmer's Market.

Today was a beautiful day. Blue skies.... breezy.... warm, but not really hot or extreme warm.. just one of those just right days. We have had the windows up. Just nice.

I've been "chewing" on some things from church today. We are still studying Ecclesiastes in Sunday School. The main topic of the book is that all of life is vanity... vain... empty. Most of what we desire is short term. We may want something, get it, and enjoy it for a bit, but before long that "want" comes back and sometimes we act as if we have never had anything to begin with. The "Whoa is me" syndrome... not being content with what we have.

Something the Lord keeps showing me is that all of life IS vanity.... vain... empty... WITHOUT HIM. I can have all of the things in the world but if I don't have HIM in my life, it is all for nothing. This earth is temporal and will not last forever. Eternity... and where you are going when you die... that is eternal and will last forever. Do you know where you are going when you die?

There is only ONE way... and that is through accepting Jesus Christ. He alone brings salvation, gives joy even when life is hard and shows us how to be content with what we have. I am learning that more and more every day.

John 6:35
And Jesus saith unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

3 comments:

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Kellie, Great post! ...Joy comes in the morning! :)

What are your entries for the fair? How neat! Ashley entered the pumpkin and hat decorating contest several years in a row, when she was about 2nd-3rd grade. She got 1st in the pumpkin contest one year! That was a lot of fun! Hope you do well! :) ~Rhonda

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Oh, I just read down and saw that the fair entries were baked goods and your photo of cherries! We are planning to go next weekend, I hope, so I can't wait to show my family your pic! My husband really enjoyed your tractor pics! Good luck...please let me know how you do! ~Rhonda :)

Gretchen said...

Great photos from the farmers market! (I especially like the one from yesterday of the pumpkins!)

I haven't been over there in awhile ... how are the prices on the pumpkins?

It would be a fun outing with the kids!