Wednesday, October 15, 2008

10/15/08

This guy was lying right by the roadway to Orton Plantation. Let's just say I was glad I was in the van!!! :)

Wesley is not feeling well. He came down with a fever at school today so I am staying home with him tonight, while Steve and Mikayla went to AWANA, so he can get to bed early. I'll miss him with me and Mikayla at school tomorrow. I think it is something viral.

Our fair entries are finished. I wrapped up my blueberry muffins this morning and took all of our food entries to Mom's. She was sweet enough to take all of them in for us since they had to be there by noon today. I took most of our leftovers to school today for everyone to try. Even though my Macadamia Brittle didn't set up well it was still "stinkin'" good and everyone who ate it really enjoyed it. lol Mikayla's Blueberry Bread was a big hit with her teacher... as well as Wesley's chocolate pound cake. Mikayla had some leftover frosting from her layer cake. I decided it was my duty as the mother to do all I could to help that disappear from our home so that we would live in a frosting free environment. Yes, I took my fork and dug right in.. over and over. There is still some left so I will have more "work" tomorrow. :::sigh:::: :)

Honestly, whether Wesley and Mikayla win a ribbon or go away with nothing I am proud of them for doing their best and working hard. I could tell a big difference in Wesley this year. He was more focused and settled when he baked compared to last year when he had no clue as to how many cups of flour he put in his muffins.... LOL (Kevin may not agree! lol) I am excited to see how it all works out when we go on Saturday. The fair starts tomorrow. We just love the fair... Can't wait. :)

Gotta go grade some paperssssssssssssss. :)

6 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Hope Wesley feels better. You must be working him too hard. ;-)

That Macademia Brittle still sounds good. Don't care how it looks.

Morgan said...

YAY!!!! GO WESLEY AND MIKAYLA!!! How fun for them if they win a ribbon!!!

.....and YOU, of course. I remember my mom always winning loads of ribbons for her food entries. She won for her apple butter, pickled watermelon rind, bread and butter pickles and various other 'canned' goods. I always loved the smells of the fair.....

Amy said...

I hope Wesley gets to feeling better soon!!

Gretchen said...

Hope your little man is on the mend soon!

Every time we have gone to the fair, I have thought about your family. We always go by the cow barn and I look for your dad.

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

Oh my, I would have freaked out with that huge thing in the road! Give me a bear in my yard and I'm fine! And what a good mom you are to keep the house frosting free. :)

Allyson said...

I would have crashed. It's a good thing that I don't have my drivers license yet. :] That'll be scary lol.
Wow. Glad we don't have those in Tahoe.
I'm Amy's daughter btw.
-Allyson