Monday, October 13, 2008

10/13/08

Here is a Great Blue Heron I captured on the road leading to Orton Plantation. He blended in quite well! I was beyond excited to get this... and could use our van as the "blind" so he wouldn't see he was being photographed. (Of course, this could be a *she*!) He stayed this way the entire time we watched him... watching for fish. I was tickled. Click on him larger to see his face and eyes. I love both pics because I could capture the cattails in the water to show what was above him. I just love his reflection in the water.



We are like wild people in our kitchen tonight. Kevin is down here working with Mikayla on her truffles and blueberry bread. I am about to go make Macadamia Brittle. Let's hope it isn't too sticky like last years. lol I have so much to do and so little time! HA!!! Off to see what happens!

5 comments:

Shelly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shelly said...

I want the blueberry bread recipe! Yum!

Amy said...

Beautiful picture!! And yeah I would like that recipe too. It sounds delish!!!!!

Unknown said...

Spectacular photo of the heron - we have one of those that visits our farm pond - the koi and other fish stocked in the pond attract him. After he ate most of our decorative koi, my Marine husband thought seriously of unattracting the heron - but that's illegal.

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

What cool shots, my favorite is the vertical one. I love the awesome reflections!