Sunday, August 31, 2008

08/31/08

Here is a picture of a planter at my Mom's. I just love the planter. Mom always grows such beautiful flowers. Mine look nothing like this when I try to do plants. As I have said before.... my name does not equal green thumb. lol I just loved the color combinations she chose.



Today was good. In church the Lord brought to me many verses that He really wants me to hear, apparently! :) One is Psalm 46:10 - be still and know that I am God... and also Isaiah 55:8 was mentioned today in my Sunday School as well as in the kid's devotion tonight. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord." I am thankful for all of the ways God keeps bringing certain Scripture to us when we need them... and even when we don't think we do.


Tomorrow will be Labor Day and I am going to work on some things I am entering into the fair. We also have to go buy the things we'll need for the kitties because we'll be able to get them on Saturday! :) We went to see them after church this morning and they are so sweet and already seem so good with people. I know it is because they have been well loved and taken care of by our pastor's kids. I am truly excited about bringing them home!! :)


4 comments:

Amy said...

That is a beautiful plant holder! How fun that you get the kitties in less than a week!

Amy said...

Beautiful planter! Your Mom sounds like mine. She grows the most beautiful flowers. Me....I am lucky if they live for a couple of days LOL I know y'all are excited about getting the kittens :-)

wendy said...

My flowers came home from the greenhouse with some sort of webby bug. Of course, I didn't know it until about 2 weeks later. The only one to survive was the geranium. Total bummer for me this year.

We start school on Wednesday. The room is almost ready (or ready enough). Lesson plans, on the other hand. . .not so much. I was going to go in today, but I've caught myself a back to school cold, and so I'm working from home doing computer stuff. I'll be in all day tomorrow for one last time of peace and quiet.

Gretchen said...

Wow. I'm impressed ... what kinds of 'things' do you enter in the fair?