Friday, August 29, 2008

08/29/08

This is a picture I took last weekend. Steve had some of his tools propped up by the fence of the garden area and I took the opportunity to capture them. His garden hasn't done as well this year, and I believe it is because he planted it later, but we still enjoyed some of the "fruits of his labor."




Speaking of fruit.... This is the picture I am entering into the fair this year. I took it to be framed last Saturday and they had it done by Thursday!! I am thinking of hanging this on the tile in my kitchen. (I can use one of those hooks that can attach to tile but can also come off later if I want to change it.) I put it up there last night after Steve brought it home for me, and it looks really nice. It adds a lot of color to that part of my kitchen and it will alleviate me having to figure out something to go there all of the time. I am finding I just don't do well "changing" things a lot. Of course, y'all also know how I am about change. lol Anyway, I would love for this to capture a judge's eye this year. Time will tell. :)



Tonight we are going to celebrate Steve's birthday...finally. He wanted seafood... fried flounder! I am going with some shrimp. :) I am learning to eat more fish, but I am just not there in all areas.... lol I think his cake is going to be pretty yummy, too. It is from our favorite bakery and has chocolate butter cream frosting. Can we say YUM???????

Off to celebrate!

6 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Fried flounder sounds good. Actually I have been behaving (with some help from Morgan), and getting more broiled fish. :-( but good for me. :-)

Hope you have a great night celebrating.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Kellie, I love both of the pictures you posted today! I wish you the best of luck in the fair with the fruit picture! It is amazing! I love the pictures of the flowers at your FIL's too...of the flowers. Have you had professional training? You are really blessed with a talent!

Thank you for your post on being overwhelmed! I really needed it, because I have been quite overwhelmed for the last few weeks, and know that it will not let up for several more! I'm trying to "breath deep, and take everything in strides!" :) ...and pray for peace and patience!

Hope that Steve had a great Birthday and enjoys his "birthday weekend!" We are celebrating Ashley's, whose was the 26th, with a cookout on Saturday. ....Just a small gathering of family.

Have a great Labor Day Weekend! :)
hugs, Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Hey! We like that picture too!! Hee Hee! We love all the pictures you post... it always does me good to see your photos- it all points to His glory, and also to the magnificent gifts He has given you! We've been praying for you, with the beginning of school and such! Tell Steve a belated "Happy Birthday!!" from us and that his teeth look so purty!!

Amy said...

Kellie, the b/w of the tools is very cool, I think this would work really well with a texture in PS. I don't know how to do it, but have seen it done and it looks great with this type of photo.

Your fruit should definitely catch the judge's eyes! It's bright, colorful, and has great composition!

Amy said...

I think you have a winner with the fruit picture. I LOVE it!!

Gretchen said...

Okay. Just answered my question from above.
Of course you would enter (your amazing) photography ... duh on me!

I LOVE both of the pics!