Sunday, August 24, 2008

08/24/08

Here are a few more pictures of portulaca. :) It is a good thing they are drought resistant!





Here is a conversation that I was a part of today with Wesley and Mikayla. I thought it was quite sweet.

Wesley: Mom, I love you more than anyone in the world....You and Dad.

Me: That is very sweet, Wesley.... I love you and Mikayla very much, too. (inside I am just loving hearing him say this...)

Mikayla: Aren't you forgetting someone, Wesley???

Wesley: (thinks a minute) You should know that I love YOU, Mikayla. That is something that is not needing to be said.

Mikayla: Well, it is important for me to hear so you should say it.

Wesley: I love you, Mikayla.


LOL... they cracked me up. It was a sweet moment that I was thankful to be a part of.

It made me think about having that conversation with the Lord. How many things do we love and make sure we do, but we forget to say we love the Lord? How many times do we fail to do what He asks which shows others how much we love Him? It actually was a bit humbling to me when I thought of it in that way. Oh, that the Lord would forgive me for the times I have failed to show Him my love. He never leaves... it is I that drift away.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Pretty flowers, you did great with the white and still seeing the details! Your two kiddos are just the cutest!

Sal Cartusciello said...

That is a very nice looking flower for August in NC. I've only got palm trees here. :-)

High5Hughes said...

That is SO sweet! I love the way God can use our children to remind us of His promises!

wendy said...

OK! It was pretty easy to do, and maybe took a half hour each. The hardest part was deciding how I wanted to arrange the butterflies :)

Check out Ali's directions by copying and pasting this into your browser -

http://aliedwards.typepad.com/_a_/2008/02/weekend-creat-2.html

She gives the directions for hers. I did pretty much the same thing, used the mini pop up dots, one on each wing for extra dimension. I got the butterfly punch at Craft Warehouse, which I don't think you have, but I've seen similar ones at Michael's in the Martha Stewart line. I traced the letter on paper and cut it out by hand, used an Elmer's liquid glue stick to adhere the paper to the chipboard (which is already self-adhesive), sanded the edges of the letters, tied on a piece of ribbon, attached the brad to the flower and stuck it on the letter with a Glue Dot. (Glue Dots stick really well.) I just eyeballed the butterfly positioning and where I have the initials over top the butterflies, I have them on with regular tape runner adhesive, so they are flat against the background paper.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have other questions. I think I'm going to make myself a bigger one for my scrapbook room!

Oh, and here's another fun crafty thing I've done, I made them for Christmas gifts last year. Check this out. . .

http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog/2007_10_01_archive.html

At the top of the page are some that other people made and sent pictures in, she's got directions further down the page - look for weekend project idea posted on Oct. 5th. I made them with my class last year as parent gifts. I had everything punched and cut and ready to go. They got to pick out all the papers and glue the circles onto the glass pebbles. Some of them had little pictures of themselves that I circle punched too. I hot glued everything together. Got cheap black 8X10 frames at the Dollar Tree. I've got pictures of them somewhere on my blog, probably in the myspace archives!

Amy said...

Awwwwww how sweet!!!!!!! God can use our children to teach us little lessons :-)

Gretchen said...

that just melts my heart.

I love it when siblings have those tender moments ... even as adults!