Thursday, August 21, 2008

08/21/08

I have no idea what kind of plant this is, but I took it at my father in laws house. I have always thought they were quite interesting. :)


Oh, goodness... you know how yesterday I talked about how I am so loving my schedule and then have to learn to deal with leaves in the ant line??? Well, I had some leaves in the ant line today when we got home from school. lol It has been one of those afternoons/evenings and I have had to "walk AROUND the leaf".... lol



I saw it today.

I saw why I love to teach.

I saw that look that a child gets in his eyes when he learns something new and "gets it."

It was magical. I felt my heart do a little "pitter patter" when I saw it. I actually saw it on a few faces. It made me see once again why I love what I do.

It was during Bible time today. I am teaching the kids about Creation week. I loved watching their faces as I took a lesson they had heard before and added more information to it to broaden their minds of what God truly did for us when He created the world. I was amazed at some of the questions I got from the kids today. They were deep.... and ones I couldn't fully answer... but it made me see that they just weren't staring at me blankly, but were soaking in those truths. (I even had one child ask me after Bible time who the last Bible character was that lived!!! I had to think on that a minute and said that if he really thought about it, we are all created by God so we are still part of that because the Bible talks about all people being created in His image and we are still doing His work! I don't know if I gave the greatest answer, but it was all I had at short notice. (I truly didn't know what to say about that.... would you???) )

Remember the skink I said Wesley had caught? Well, he took that poor critter to school today and loved on it at each recess. I truly would be amazed if the poor thing lived after he let it go today. Wesley was letting it "bite" his finger and nose to hold on, he was holding it and "cuddling" it, he was just so stinkin' excited over it. I took pictures but Wesley was moving so much they didn't turn out too great. I haven't had time to upload them but if one turns out alright I'll post it. Let's just say the skink was happy when it left him. lol That boy loves critters.

I got a call from one of my friends tonight whose four year old just LOVES her some "Wesalee." She asked me if I was ready for this weekend. I said "Ready for what?" She said her four year old told her today that she and "Wesalee" were getting married this weekend. She asked me if I had bought my dress yet. HA!! We have this running joke between us because this summer Wesley actually figured out how old he would be when the four year old turned 23. He said "So, I could marry her then!???" Now, he is not all about marrying right now because he thinks girls are gross in that respect, but he does love that little girl in an extreme happy friend way. We are definitely not encouraging these things in our children, but we have chuckled many a time and said "What if when they got older it actually became a fact...." Only the Lord knows... and right now, that is how we'll keep it. lol

5 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

I know you get that "it" many times during the year. You, and everyone else I know at WCA are wonderful teachers.

Anonymous said...

You are too cute! We use your analogy of the "leaf in the ant line" quite a bit around here because of you! :) Love to you! Kathryn

Amy said...

I know that has to be a good feeling to see the kids get it!! You are a great teacher! That is sweet about Wesley and his friend :-)

Amy said...

Wesley sounds like such a sweet and kind young man! :)

p.s. That is one interesting plant, I wonder what it is?

Gretchen said...

I know all about that "it" thing.
I start back on Tuesday and can't wait for my heart to go pitter patter!