Saturday, August 02, 2008

08/02/08

I don't think I have ever shown these barbed wire pictures before. If I have... pardon the repeat! These are some of the last barbed wire I can find on the farm. I have many memories of carefully making my way through them to get to the other side of the fence as a child. I can remember Mom and Dad continually telling us to be careful but allowing us to have that "freedom" to move about the farm. Boy, I miss those days. Enjoy the different shots I took of them. :)

Wesley and Mikayla had a lot of fun on their sleepover. The thing that made me the happiest was when the parents of their friends talked about how mannerly and sweet they both were. The little guy that Wesley is friends with has a crush on Mikayla and apparently has told his parents he wants to marry her when they grow up. I know they get those crushes and it is sweet but we definitely don't encourage that.... not until they are 86 years old. Anyway, the Dad of the little guy told him after they left (found this out from the Mom later today) that he would be quite happy if that little guy did marry Mikayla one day because she would make a great "catch." That made my Mommy Heart burst with pride. I am so thankful they acted in a way to make people notice. I realize we still have the teenage years to live through, and I will not mention that to her for a LONG time because it is not appropriate at this age, but it does a Mommy's heart good to hear that about your kiddos.


Today has been one of those days where I had lots to do at the house but had a lot on my mind of what needed to happen at school. I get very "fidgety" this time of year and it aggravates me. lol Steve finished in the yard around lunchtime... well, he didn't finish but it was so stinkin' hot he came on in. He was willing to go help me with some stuff at school so I wouldn't have to do it by myself next week. I was so thankful. We moved all of the second grade books over to our building and separated them into the classrooms. I put a check in that box on my list!! Glad that is done.


We went grocery shopping after that... and, I did it again. I must be seriously OCD when it comes to certain items. You know how I bought all of the stuff for school supplies? Well, just think of certain stockpiling of groceries for school. We walked out of there with two carts.... At least I can now say I have a variety of foods for lunches and such!! I figured I would rather get all I could now than to be exhausted and mentally incapable of making a decision while going to the grocery store. That is how I am those first few weeks of school. lol


Steve is going to fix us a steak on the grill tonight. It seems that the other night when we were gone to the beach he had grilled himself a steak and put blue cheese on top. I didn't know he had done that... I cleaned out the refrigerator a couple of days later and saw the steak but thought it had been in there a little too long... you know what I am meaning... Well, he asked the next day about his steak... and I realized I had thrown away a perfectly good steak with BLUE CHEESE on top. OOOOOPS. He's making us another one tonight... and if we don't eat all of it, I won't throw it away. lol

4 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Love the pictures of the barbed wire. I can imagine it all around the yard when you were a kid.

86 until married? You are worse than me. I will be easier with Cassie, and let her date at 30! :-)

Yes, a big oops on the steak. . Tell Steve a little bit of "heat" seasonong under the blue cheese also works well.

Morgan said...

LOL....Sal and I were talking about you over dinner last night as I made my chicken burger with blue cheese melted on top. lol......

Pearl said...

Hi Kellie... I was so happy to see that you'd visited... also, I want to thank you for your congratulations and dear words that you left for me in regards to the recent awards that I've gotten... You're a Sweetheart for doing so! I've been reading your blog and it is terrific! I like how you "tell" your stories and I enjoy seeing all of your photos... Thanks for sharing and I hope your day is a pleasant one...

~blessings~
Pearl

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Kellie, These pictures are amazing! You have such a gift of photography and with each post you amaze me! :)

I can just imagine how proud you were of Mikayla and Wesley! They are such precious children and I bet the teenage years will bring nothing but more than an extension of their well~behavior! They have such a great foundation! You and Steve had done a great job....grounding them in what is most important, a foundation on built on Christ! :)

I got a big laugh out of Steve's steak! LOLOL!

Hugs, Rhonda