Monday, August 18, 2008

08/18/08

These pictures are from the volunteer pumpkin vine growing in our front bed. I was amazed at how quickly and fast it grew. The first picture was taken not long after it began growing. I love vines. We were hoping we would have a pumpkin for fall from it, but I believe it is starting to die. It seems many plants that grow from "droppings" do not do as well. It reminds me of what I have recently read in Matthew 13 about the parable of the sower. If you haven't read that in a while, I challenge you to do so.



Our good friends, Sal and Morgan, that live in San Diego just had a wonderful experience yesterday.... they were baptized in the Pacific Ocean! I don't want to steal any of their "thunder" or thoughts, but I do want to say how happy and thankful I am for them that they followed the Lord's leading. :) You can click on Sal's blog and read all about it. :)

Homework began tonight so it has been crazy around here. We aren't quite finished with Wesley's yet so I need to scoot. I also have papers to grade. :) Have a wonderful evening!

3 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

OK, I see I won't need to go to the farmers' market for our pumpkins. :-)

Thanks for mentioning us, and what we did.

Amy said...

What a cool shot that first one is! How neat that they were babtized in the Pacific Ocean! Allyson was also baptized yesterday, though in Lake Tahoe! :)

Amy said...

Love the pictures!! That is so neat about being baptized in the Pacific Ocean! Our church baptizes in a lake. I really like doing it outdoors like that.