Thursday, August 28, 2008

08/28/08

A lot of eights in that date today. I am such a poet and don't even know it. I need to stop this rhyme before I do it all of the time. hee hee

We got outside today at school!! Whew.... but it was surely MUGGY. I shall not complain, though... because those poor children needed some Vitamin D from the sun!!!


The pictures from today are from my father in laws place again. I don't know what this plant is but it is beautiful to me. It is delicate and unique.



How many of you have ever felt overwhelmed or that you just didn't think you could go on in whatever task was looming over you? I felt like that at the beginning of school with some things but I am better now. I had to continue to give it all to the Lord and ask Him to help me through some things because I just didn't see how it would work. I can honestly say that the Lord not only showed me a way, but made it so that some things were less stressful. Doesn't mean each day is perfectly perfect, but it means He took care of my worries.

However, I know of someone very close to me right now that is going through a valley of learning something new and feeling quite overwhelmed. I hate to see people go through those valleys, but we all face them. The thing I learned... and am still learning... is that the Lord expects us, wants us, yearns for us to call out to Him in those times. We alone can do nothing but with Him we can do great things. It is so hard to "see" through those trials because you don't know if it will ever end, but the Lord sees the whole picture and He holds us up and carries us each step of the way. What a comfort to know that when I am overwhelmed, He is there. When I am inadequate He is giving me what I need.

I realize I have posted this type of thing a lot, but the Lord laid it on my heart to post about it again as well as put new verses that He showed me tonight while I was doing Wesley and Mikayla's devotions. They spoke to me and I shared them with the person I mentioned above. I don't know if any of you that are reading this today may need these verses, too. When we cry out, He is there.

Psalm 61:1-4
Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.

From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy (computer in your case)

I will abide in thy tabernacle forever: I will trust in the covert (shelter) of thy wings.

4 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Yes, there have been many of those days in prior months, where I needed verses like that to get me through. Now, I know them, and their guidance.

You changed your font. I like it. Cleaner looking.

High5Hughes said...

WOW! I almost didn't check your blog today (because of time), but I am so glad that I did! I definately needed that word and that scripture pointed out to me today! Thank you so much for all you do!! Have a good long weekend!

Amy said...

I too have had many times like that. Those verses are so uplifting!!

Amy said...

Hey you poet friend of mine... do you know more of these? Anika likes these and wants more. :)

'See you later, alligator!' 'After while, crocodile!' 'Pretty soon, baboon!'