Monday, August 04, 2008

08/04/08

No pictures today... blogger is not posting any of the ones I have tried to upload so it must be an issue.

My last Monday of summer. I can't believe it is almost time for me to.... well, I still won't talk about it. lol

Today was busy. I feel like I am trying to get all of the last minute things done that I haven't done all summer. lol When I was cleaning up from supper tonight, and was obsessing over my kitchen sink, I began to think of my "nesting phase" I had right before I had Wesley and Mikayla. You know... that spurt of energy you get to get everything "just so" before the big arrival. I am definitely not expecting anymore babies, but I am expecting a lot of children in a week! lol

I scrapbooked most of the day. I am officially "caught up" with the pictures I have printed off. I have pictures from the end of June til the present to print. Now, all of those pages I did today may not be prize winning, in fact, most of them are downright simple, but at least they are done. I now have to journal a gazillion pages. I'll work on that in the next day or two, I suppose.

I haven't gone out and photographed much of anything in the last week or so. I felt a bit in a rut. I really need some new places to photograph. I need to go exploring but I am so cheap that I don't want to waste my gas. Maybe tomorrow or Wednesday I can do that before I head back to school on Thursday. OOOPsssss..... did I just say the last part of that last sentence????

Ashes is still hanging in there, but she is definitely not herself. I miss her already. Daddy says he gives her 4-8 weeks now. I am again grateful for the fact I can say goodbye.

This past weekend we saw our Pastor's wife and a couple of their kids at the Walmart. They began talking about how their cat just had eight kittens. Steve and I looked at each other in amazement... they are giving them away and asked us if we wanted one. lol I realize this is a small thing, but I am still constantly amazed at how the Lord takes care of our hurts and knows our love for His little parts of Creation. We were tickled to pieces over that news. They told us to come over after church yesterday and we could pick out the one we wanted. As we walked away from them in the Walmart I just thanked the Lord for how He handled that.

Well, the kids were already beginning to "fight" over the one cat, so I asked Steve if we could do two again. We used to have two at a time (Ashes and Freckles right before the kids were born) and I had that as I grew up. (In fact... three at one time!) He was OK with having two again.... are we ready for such a thing????

We saw the kittens after church yesterday... I would have shown you pictures today, but you know why that couldn't happen.... and they are precious. They are just a week old so that will give us the time we need to love Ashes in her last days and then be ready for these two new ones. One is a calico and the other is an orange tabby. They are girl and boy.

We haven't figured out names very well... we keep throwing different ones around. I love "Isabelle" for the girl and nickname her "Izzy." We have had a ton of different ones for the boy and haven't found one that has stuck yet. My brother said they should be a pair of names that we think of that go together like "Jack and Jill"... although those will not be their names. lol I have thought of "Manteo" (because I love the Outer Banks), Sampson (but my brother said the girl would have to be "Delilah".... just can't do that to the sweet kitty girl), Cornie (after my Dad..) and name the girl "Trixie" (after my Mom...lol)..., Simba and Neyla (sp?.... from The Lion King)... The names are cracking us up. Never thought it would be this difficult. With Ashes and Freckles the names came so easily. I think we are over-analyzing it!! lol Any suggestions? No guarantee they'll be taken, but I would love some input here.

Steve is working late tonight so the kids and I have been hanging out, eating supper "picnic" style in the den again, and watching the funniest videos. In just a few, I'll be reading to them and once they go to bed, I'll dive into some more peanut butter and chocolate chips. It has been horrible how much I have thought of that this past week. lol Of course, this will be my only treat for the day, so it should be fine. heee hee.....

4 comments:

mc said...

How about names from your mountain vacation? We had some black bears (stuffed) that the boys named Boone and Rocky. (for Blowing Rock).
Or... how about JD (John Deere) and then something matching for Mikayla!!! -MCH

wendy said...

I always said if I ever got fish for my classroom that I'd keep them in the reading corner and name them Barnes and Noble. (I still can't believe you go back next week. Are you going to post pictures of your classroom????)

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

You have caught up on your scrapbooking? WOW...I am bowing at my computer. I had the same issue with my pics, but I thought it must be me.....

Anonymous said...

How about Hugs & Kisses, Bambi & Thumper, Sugar & Spice, Pebbles & Bam Bam....these are some cute pair names. I'm sorry to hear about Ashes, but hopefully the new kittens will help fill that void when she is gone. Sherry