Sunday, August 10, 2008

08/10/08

The first picture is another tractor pic. :) These are the gages you can see through the steering wheel. I just love the details of tractors. lol


This second picture is a bud of portulaca. They are quite teeny. They almost remind me of miniature rosebuds.

Today was a good day. We went to church and then we finally got some rain. It was wonderful to see. Our grass looks like a hay field.... and sounds like one, too!!

Our Pastor spoke on trust today. He spoke from John 6 where Jesus fed the five thousand men (not including the women and children) on five loaves and two fish. Talk about trust! It was yet another "lift" to my soul to help me to see I need the Lord daily and I have to trust in His "everlasting arms" that are holding me up. In fact, Wesley and Mikayla's devotion tonight dealt with just that... having faith and trust that God is going to take care of you no matter what. I am so thankful for the Lord's timing in how He presents things for us to hear and see. I have learned more about trust since Mom was so sick three years ago. I used to try to solve all problems on my own just thinking them over. Because of my "controlling" personality, I still try that, but am learning to continue to TRUST in the Lord and call on Him. It is wonderful to feel the joy of the Lord when you know you have fully put your trust in Him. I can say that truthfully because of how He has worked the last couple of days. I am so thankful for what the Lord does for me each day.

After church we went to see Isabelle and Sampson... our new kitties. I am really ready to have pets again.... I am still missing Ashes horribly. It was SO wonderful to hold those little things again. I held Isabelle most of the time and Mikayla held Sampson. I began to talk to Isabelle and say her name over and over while loving on her. Our pastor's daughter said that whenever they pick her up she cries more but with me she is content. Boy, did that make me smile. :) She even looked up at me and stared at me for a moment or two. I know this may sound silly, but I am already feeling a connection with the little thing. Sampson looks like he is going to be laid back. He is the cutest thing, too. I got to hold him a bit before we had to leave. There wasn't enough time to really spend with them today. I just can't wait until they come home. I have to act like the adult and tell the kids "We have to be patient"... "They still need their Mommy,too."... when all the while I want to run over there, pick them up and bring them home so we can begin that relationship. I really think I am worse than the kids. lol

The Olympics have fully sucked me in. It is so neat to watch all peoples of the earth come together for a common goal. It makes me see continually that we are ALL made in the image of God. What wonderful abilities He has given men and women from all over the world!! I have been mesmerized with the swimming, diving, and gymnastics. We have seen lots of other events as well, but those are my favorites right now. I am rooting on the USA and also seeing how much respect we should give those from other countries who have worked so hard to get where they are as well. Off to watch more gymnastics and swimming... I really hope USA does well!! :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Great pictures! I also LOVE the names you picked out for your kittens. I know you are anxious to get them :-)

Amy said...

Your flower bud is so pretty and I can't wait to see Isabelle and Sampson, they sound adorable! How did you choose their names? I've been enjoying the Olympics too, the gymnastics, swimming, and diving are my favorites too! :)

Sal Cartusciello said...

Yes, the "trust and letting go" issues. My greatest barrier that I am trying to overcome. Morgan and I speak all the time with our situation that whatever will happen is out of our hands with regards to when we return east. And I am getting more OK with that each day. Maybe some "growth" on my part. :-)

Gretchen said...

A great reminder to let go and TRUST