Thursday, August 07, 2008

08/07/08

These pictures are of geranium buds. I thought they turned out quite neat. I haven't taken any pics of the geraniums after they have bloomed, though.... maybe I should do that! I continue to be amazed at the details I am seeing in God's Creation. If you click on these pics you can see the "fuzz" around the buds. I never noticed that before I took the pics.


Today I started back to school. The kids don't come until next Wednesday... these are just my orientation days. It was pretty good and it was nice to see everyone again. It is fun to see everyone look more rested because in a few weeks we won't look like that. lol

I am still finding myself looking for Ashes. I did it again when I walked through the door after school today! I also missed her when I was getting ready this morning. She used to always get up with me and would lay by the door until I went to get the kids up. I know it will get better in time but I think it will take a while.

Steve got me teary-eyed this morning. When we were all leaving I looked and saw the main kitchen window blind drawn up like we used to do it for Ashes before we left. Then, I looked down and saw one of the kitchen chairs turned sideways beside the window. This was what we did every morning before we left for work/school so that Ashes could watch the birds. My heart sank and I had no idea what was going on.... then comes Steve with her little bed in his hand. He said he was doing that in honor of Ashes today. It was so sweet but caused me to cry the whole way to work. (lol.... I can laugh now even though I have tears in my eyes as I type. lol ) He'll never know how much that meant to me. I will say, though, the picture below says more than words can say.


I'll truly not try to go on and on about losing Ashes in my posts. Please bear with me as I go through my grieving process. I look back on when we lost Freckles, our other cat, who died right before the kiddos were born. I think it was a bit easier to handle that because I then poured double love onto Ashes. Right now, there is an emptiness that will not be filled for a few weeks until the new kitties are able to come. Being at school today really helped with that, though, so I am thankful.

I want to thank all of you who sent kind words. One of my friends left the comment about how God was so tender and knew we would need to know about the kittens because He saw the whole picture. How true. I am so thankful I serve a God who loves me so much He would get plans working on the other kittens and care over my grief for a cat!!

On another note....

Last night I finished reading the Little House on the Prairie books. I have read them for around 2 years now... and we will miss Laura and her family! lol The kids were also sad we had finished those books. I bought the set of The Chronicles of Narnia yesterday so we'll start that tonight. I really hope the kids enjoy those. Can't wait to start the first one in a few minutes.

Well, I have a calendar to plan so off I go. Have a great evening!

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Oy, you had me whiffling while reading your post. What a great picture. Our "Casper", the male percocious cat we own reminds me of my first kittie, Cheetah. She's been gone several years now, but b/c they are similar in color, especially when he is facing away from me, it looks like Cheetah sitting there. And those time when I see her in him, it makes me smile and remember what a great cat she was-- she WAS the coolest cat ever. I'm sure your new kitties will have similar characteristics that will keep the spirit of Ashes alive in your home and your heart.
I love the picture....beautiful. Steve is a sweet, sweet man....

mc said...

Kellie- that picture broke my heart. After our sweet Woof died, I found pictures of each boy with him and put them in frames on their dressers. They cherish them! It seemed to make them able to move on to Maggie easier.

Amy said...

How sweet of Steve and I'm so sorry to hear about Ashes. I didn't bring my laptop cord when I went out of town (for a week!) and therefore, wasn't online. I'll say a prayer for you, Steve, and the kids to have peace with this, I know it is so difficult. ((( )))