Tuesday, August 05, 2008

08/05/08

The first picture today is of a barn lock. I took it over Spring Break when we went with my Dad on a farm call. I love details of things so this was just an old rustic detail of a barn.


I went to school today and worked on some things. Got more to do tonight... stuff that has to be done but you don't want to take the time at school to get it done! lol

I have included pictures of my old and new chair. My parents last year gave me a new black chair as my end of the year gift. They said my old burgundy one had "had it" and needed to GO! I was very surprised and thankful. A new chair is something I was thinking I had needed, but because I try to be content and don't like spending money, I just dealt with the old one.

Mikayla helped take the pictures of me IN the chairs for posterity. My old burgundy chair has been with me all of my teaching career.... 13 years. Steve found this chair for me at an office building where he used to work. Part of why I didn't get one before now is because it was FREE before and because Steve had gotten it for me. Remember: I AM SENTIMENTAL even when its bad. lol Y'all also know I can't handle change very well but this is one change I am happy about. lol Excuse the mess in my room.... I make a serious mess while getting things ready for school to start. It will all be clean by next Tuesday. :) I just had to get these pictures done because I will not have the space or need for two desk chairs. lol Also... excuse the way I look... we were doing these pics fast because we had to get to another destination! lol

Ye old sentimental burgundy chair. For those of you that have had me as a teacher, you should know this chair quite well....


Check out the areas of "oldness."



The new chair! This thing sits SO nicely. I didn't realize how badly my other chair sat until I sat in this one. lol
Chillin' in the new chair....
Speaking of me and change.... I realize I still have issues with that from time to time. Y'all remember me crying over the tree they tore down to make our new bridge on Penny Rd. this past spring. (By the way.... the bridge looks like it is going to take on more curves... what we thought was going to be a temporary bridge to repair/replace the old one is actually the new bridge! Morgan.... you're gonna love more curves when you get back to NC!!!) Anyway, I was told of some changes that will take place at school this year. Not major ones, but still changes. Usually I have to chew on things a while before I come to grips with the change. Well, I was so thankful to the Lord for how He has helped me grow in this area because when I heard about the changes I handled it better and even shocked myself! God is so good to constantly work on me and help me to be better through Him. I realize this doesn't mean I won't have other moments in the future, but I was blessed by the Lord for how He helped me handled these. lol

OK... here are the pics of the kittens I was going to show yesterday. We are still undecided about the little guys name, but leaning to either Manteo or Sampson. I want to thank all of those who have given input... y'all had some great names!!! These little things are just a little over a week old. I am loving how cute and small they are. Mikayla looks sad in the one picture but she really wasn't. I think someone was talking to her. We were in our Sunday clothes so the kids learned quickly how fast a kitten can cling to you and possibly cause a pick in your clothes. Thankfully, we left there still as neat as we were when we got there. lol

The Mama's name is "Nilla"... she had eight kittens. Look how cute they are!


Mikayla is holding one of the little guys.... this may be the one we get. She had four that looked exactly alike!

This will be "Isabelle".... or "Izzy" for short. She is calico. Not a great picture but I was trying to take a picture of her and not drop her at the same time.

Off to work on writing names, names, and more names.... :)

3 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Well, the room has not changed. Glad you got a new chair, and your back will probably be happy to.

So, you don't do change well. That's terrible. You need to go with the flow, like I do. HA!HA!HA!

More curves down Penny Road sound nice for me too.

Gretchen said...

Precious babies!

Your classroom looks so warm and inviting!
We have a rolling chair that P. pulled from the dumpster and it is our favorite!

LOVE the barn lock picture!

Morgan said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!! How cute are those little kitties!!!!