Friday, August 15, 2008

08/15/08


Front of the Farmall. This is the color of Wesley's Spanish folder at school. lol

The end of the first "week" of school. So much for a summer vacation... it is all null and void now. lol I had high hopes of coming in from school and doing a bit of cleaning, but instead I passed out on the couch after talking to Steve about his day.

Imagine if you will.... a 37 year old teacher jumping around and doing silly things with her students to teach them a concept, when all of a sudden she feels a tightening/pain sensation in her neck. She tries to "work it out" but to no avail. There has been ibuprofen taken, too, but it hasn't fully gone away. Who knows what she has done to herself. I hope tomorrow she will wake up without neck issues... When will this teacher learn she is no longer a "spring chicken?"... Probably never. :)

We have had thunderstorms/rain since 2:00 this afternoon. I haven't paid attention enough to the weather lately to know what was going on, but I didn't think it was going to be like this. Don't get me wrong, I am so thankful for the rain, but there has been some sharp lightning! In fact, a few minutes ago I saw a lightning bolt hit in our front yard. Talk about make your hair stand on end. I was just thankful it didn't hit the house!

Well, that cleaning is still calling my name. I need to get some done tonight so I can have time to work on things for school tomorrow. Have a blessed day!

6 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

We are not kids anymore. From someone with neck/shoulder problems, I'm praying it was just a little "hey stop moving so fast" reminder from your body.

Anonymous said...

Glad you survived the first week! Sad so say we are getting older--I sprained my ankle at summer camp playing basketball with Jaclyn...still hurts! Take care!!

Glynis

Katie said...

Sorry youre still not feeling 100%.
Forget the cleaning what fun is that? I just noticed the black and white pic on the right side above your blog archive, Love it!!
See you Monday, KT :)

Shiroi Kuma said...

Hi Kellie,
Wanted you to know I shared your Isaiah 40:31 with four other people today; friends and family members in emotional crisis.
Thank you for the posting.
I teach with Casey Gavette's mother-in-law, Bonnie. Casey is a classmate of my son. I've been reading Casey's blog since Gillian was born.
For some reason the Lord has led me to also read SlapshotSal's blog and yours.
I am a teacher - 58 years old with 29 active years of teaching and 7 years of substitute work; you express what I feel so well.
I am trying to be positive about school starting soon and not too sad about summer ending. I am grateful to have a job but I am weary.

Amy said...

I'm sorry you're neck is not feeling too hot, hopefully you woke up better this morning! I wish you'd send some of those thunderstorms this directions, although we don't need the lightning in our yards. :)

Amy said...

Sorry to hear about your neck. Is it better now?