Friday, August 22, 2008

08/22/08

Look at the beauty I was able to see this morning. What a glorious sunrise. I would have loved to have seen it come up over the lake. It wouldn't have turned out well, though, because I would have been driving. It didn't last long so I was very glad I was able to capture it. This was taken from my front porch. It was so neat to see "twilight" in the morning.... the in between time of night and a new day. I was thankful for this small gift the Lord gave me (and the kids!) this morning. It reminds me of Lamentations 3:22-23: It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.


See the beautiful cannister below?


This is my sweet Ashes....

Sad, isn't it? We had her cremated because that is the best thing to do nowadays from what Daddy said. Daddy handed this to me the other night. It was all I could do to not cry when I realized it was her.... and the fact that now she is what her name means. I am glad she is "back home...."

We got home this afternoon and did some serious cleaning. I knew we had to do some different things this weekend so I wanted to get that behind us. The kids are spending the night with Mom and Daddy tonight and Steve is having to work all night to get ready for "Lazy Daze" with work so I am all alone. It is nice, but at the same time I miss everyone. I think I am going to go chill out for a bit and watch a "chick flick" that I haven't seen in a while. :)

4 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

I am assuming the picture is from your house.

I have a "paw print" from our cat, Stevie, from last year. :-(

When I was reading some of the N&O online, I saw Lazy Daze, and thought about Steve having to work.

Anonymous said...

I do pop over to your blog often but I never leave a comment. I love it, you are so sweet. You are a gift from God because I have also used your scriptures to send out to my friends. God Bless you. Lisa

Amy said...

What a beautiful sunrise! What movie did you end up watching? :)

Amy said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures!!!