Tuesday, August 12, 2008

08/12/08

Well... it is officially back to school time. Tomorrow is the first day of school and I am almost ready. I have a few things yet to finish tonight that involve Wesley and Mikayla's class, but my class is ready.

Here are the annual pictures I take of the kids supplies. They grow every year! lol I always take these for their scrapbooks. I read that somewhere long ago to take a picture of their supplies at the beginning of the years so you can see how much has changed or added.



I worked late trying to finish up my own room today. It felt so nice to look out and see everything fresh and ready. I took a couple of pictures because a few of you asked to see what my room looked like. I also know many of you have had me and your children have been in this very room. :)



As I sit back and think on what I want to accomplish this year I feel overwhelmed at times. Our principal read to us this little "poem" that really gave me what I needed to start a new year. God is always there...I hope it is something that will lift you as it did me.

When you are the neediest,
He is the most sufficient.

When you are completely helpless,
He is the most helpful.

When you feel totally dependent,
He is absolutely dependable.

When you are the weakest,
He is the most able.

When you are the most alone,
He is intimately present.

When you feel you are the least,
He is the greatest.

When you feel the most useless,
He is preparing you.

When it is the darkest,
He is the only Light you need.

When you feel the least secure,
He is your Rock and Fortress.

When you are most humble,
He is most gracious.

When you can't,
HE CAN.

8 comments:

Gretchen said...

Ohhh! Your class looks great. I love the beginning of the year when everything is fresh and clean and new.

I don't know why I'm thinking this, but something tells me that Wesley's favorite color is .... green, maybe?

I laughed when I scrolled down to his pile of supplies.

Anonymous said...

Have a great day tomorrow!! Love the pictures!!

Sal Cartusciello said...

The classroom looks ready with all the assignment folders. Have fun tomorrow.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Kellie, Hope your first day of class is going well! We start next Wednesday. I love the poem you shared! And Thank you so much for the tractor pictures! They are amazing! I can't wait to show them to my husband! And I look forward to more! You have such an interesting scope on them! What kind of camera do you use? The quality & clarity is wonderful!

~Rhonda :)

wendy said...

Kellie,
Hope your first day was fabulous! Thanks for posting pictures of your room. Everything looked great! I was amazed when I read that you were ready - I've yet to feel completely ready the night before school starts!

Amy said...

What a cute backpack Mikayla has, Anika would choose that one for sure. :) Beautiful poem too! And how fun to see your classroom, I'll have to take a shot of mine. LOL! :)

Amy said...

Your classroom looks GREAT!! What a beautiful poem!! I am going to print that out to hang on my fridge.

Anonymous said...

I love the poem! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Sherry