Wednesday, August 27, 2008

08/27/08

Today is a most wonderful day. :)

Today is my better half's birthday!!


Unfortunately, his birthday always coincides with the beginning of school. That always means that I am never fully prepared for the day. I woke him up at 5:30 this morning letting him know he was one year older. hee hee... Tonight, Mom and Dad came down to stay with the kids since they go to bed so early while we had to go to a meeting. They brought Steve a mini cake and sang "Happy Birthday" to him. He loved it!


We'll celebrate for real this weekend. I know it sometimes stinks for him that his birthday is in the middle of all of the craziness. We do what we can to make his day special. I thank God for the wonderful man I married and that he has had another year with me. I'd be lost without him. :)

Between honeybees and the rain we have been inside for the last three days at school. I am not pulling out my hair yet, but I really would love to get those kids outside tomorrow!! Poor things.... I know it is hard. They have been REALLY good through it all, and for that I am thankful! (We had a swarm of honeybees decide to visit our playground... and not leave. We had to call a bee keeper to come take them home with him. :) )

Off to enjoy some time with Steve and his cake. :)

4 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Well, give Steve a big "Happy Birthday" from us. I'm sure he appreciated being told he was a year older, otherwise he would have never known. ;-)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Steve.
Hope he and all of you had a great day!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Steve!

Amy said...

Happy, Happy Belated Birthday to Steve!!! Amy