Thursday, August 14, 2008

08/14/08


Here's another tractor pic. :) Yes, I have a fascination with the steering wheel. lol

Whew... second day. I am pooped. This was a whole day (yesterday was a half day) and it was busy from beginning to end. My poor students had so much information continue to be "thrown" at them. I repeated, repeated and repeated myself to help them understand. I'll probably start giving Steve instructions when he gets home. lol The kids handled it well, though. Some are learning that I really do mean what I say. :)

I realize I counted down that yesterday I had only 179 days to go.... (and today there are only 178...lol) but that doesn't mean a bad thing. I see it as that is the only amount of time that I have these kids in my class to make an impact and to teach them. If you really sit and think about that.... in a person's lifetime, that is nothing. I have so much I want them to learn.... in such a "short" time.

Here are the pics of Mikayla learning to cross-stitch that I have never shown. She hasn't gotten as much accomplished as I had hoped, but I know she is still in the learning stages right now and hasn't gotten the full knack of it. She still has to depend on me to help her know the area she is working on at the moment. Once she can fully count the stitches on her own it will be easier. I had hoped to be further along before I started back to school, but I also forgot to do it with her some days!! She is doing a wonderful job when she gets to it. I am looking forward to seeing it finished. The bottom picture shows how far she has come. (I did some of the stitches to help her because the "ecru" would have been hard for her to see. I didn't mind.... I still love cross-stitching and find it addicting. lol)


wild looking perspective on this shot. lol

You'll have to click on this one to see how much she has done. Just don't pay any attention to me. lol
I have many papers to grade tonight... yes, it has begun again. I didn't see much of the Olympics last night because I fell asleep. We'll see what tonight holds!

4 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Already have papers to grade?!? It's only day #2, and the first full day. What a "slave driver". :-)

That is an awful short amount of time when you put it in those terms.

I realize that when I see my calender on my desk saying ahow many days left in the year, and realize there could be huge goings on 140 days from now. Yikes!

Amy said...

Mikayla is doing great! How fun to see the shots of her working on her project. :)

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

I want you for my teacher, and yep, I have fallen asleep to the Olympics the last 3 nights.:)

Amy said...

Love the pictures of Mikayla. I learned to cross stitch when I was about Mikayla's age. I had not thought of it but I should teach Laurel. Thanks for the idea :-)