Monday, August 11, 2008

08/11/08

Just pictures of portulaca today. I'll do another tractor pic tomorrow. :) I love the yellow with red here.






Busy, busy, busy at school... and my desk is still a mess! I am hoping to get much more accomplished tomorrow. Let's hope so since the kids make their grand appearance bright and early Wednesday morning. I am just praying for strength!

Mikayla and I had more "girl time" this afternoon because Steve picked Wesley up a little early from Mom's and they went to play nine holes of golf. It was wonderful with just the two of us. We went to get something quick to eat (I had gotten home from school a bit late) and brought it home to have a picnic in the den and watch the movie Enchanted. We love that movie. Of course, my eyelids closed a bit during the movie, but I don't think she noticed. lol

Let me just say that the kids and I are thoroughly enjoying The Chronicles of Narnia!!! We began with book one, which is not in the order C. S. Lewis wrote them, but at the beginning. It is called The Magician's Nephew. The kids are absolutely loving each chapter and beg me to read another one when I finish. I love how they end in a bit of a "cliff-hanger" fashion!! C. S. Lewis' writing style is so descriptive... this is truly the first time I have ever read them. I just didn't get into reading as much when I was little.

Off to work on stuff for school and watch the Olympics. :) GO USA!! :)

3 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Yes, the Olympics is taking more of my time away than I thought they would. Glad you are enjoying them.

Maybe Wesley can teach me to "hit 'em straight" when I return east.

Amy said...

What a beautiful flower! Hmmm, I only finished reading two of the Narnia books, I should try them again. Like you, I wasn't able to get into them when I was younger.

Amy said...

BEAUTIFUL flower pictures!!!! Glad you and Mikayla had some fun girl time :-)