Tuesday, August 26, 2008

08/26/08


Here is a hibiscus from my father in law's place. I love the colors. :)

Whew.... let's just say the lazy days of summer are completely gone. They are a distant memory. lol

We went by to see the kittens again today. We have been "watching" them for our Pastor and his family while they took a little trip to the beach. We haven't minded. They are so stinkin' cute and it is so amazing to see how much they have changed in a week. They are majorly playful now so it is going to be lots of fun when we get them home. :)

It has rained off and on today. We are supposed to get some over the next few days. That will be a good thing! I am so thankful for that.

Today in our teacher devotions we talked about the verse that I posted at the beginning of summer: Psalm 46:10a - Be still and know that I am God: Our principal talked about a book she had been reading where the author say the verse like this:

Be still and know that I am God:

Be still and know

Be still

BE

Now that I am back into the rush of life with school I am finding it harder to "be still" again. When I am still, I usually fall asleep! I also find my brain is in a constant state of remembering something that I need to do for my class or for Wesley and Mikayla. It is easy to go through the day and not have time to be still. I hope to do that tonight.... without falling asleep. I pray you will have time to "BE" in front of the Lord and let your mind rest in Him.

7 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

I might need to paste that verse on my forehead. :-) Though I am a little better.

Anonymous said...

Mackenzie and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all your blogs. :) You might have me blogging by the end of the year! Have a great "BE" night.

Amy said...

What a pretty flower, it reminds me of tissue paper with the way it's wrinkled up a bit! I love that verse, it's so small, yet packs a lot!

Kimberly said...

Thanks Kellie! I miss those motivating Biblical thoughts from all of you at the school. It is hard to "be" here too some times. (Was a little easier before the twins got mobile.) Thanks for sharing your heart!

Amy said...

I love that verse!! It is hard to "be" sometimes. It is something I too sruggle with.

Unknown said...

kelly,
I love this verse. Sometimes it is so hard to just be still.
Love Ya,
Donni

Morgan said...

Kellie--I am just catching up on your blogs from the past week while I was away. This post about "Be Still and know that I am God" reminded me of one of my favorite songs by MercyMe called "Word of God Speak". The lyrics remind me sometimes to just shut up and 'listen'.....here are the lyrics:

"I'm finding myself at a loss for words
And the funny thing is it's okay
The last thing I need is to be heard
But to hear what You would say

[CHORUS]
Word of God speak
Would You pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty
To be still and know
That You're in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In Your holiness
Word of God speak

I'm finding myself in the midst of You
Beyond the music, beyond the noise
All that I need is to be with You
And in the quiet hear Your voice

[REPEAT CHORUS 2x]

I'm finding myself at a loss for words
And the funny thing is it's okay