Friday, March 27, 2009

03/27/09

More of that purple crocus. :)


I am so glad it is Friday! The kids and I are on our own tonight... Steve has to work late again. He worked late last night as well. I must admit I felt rather lonely when the kids went to bed. I was thankful for the break from 8 year olds, but missed my Steve. Since those ballgames are covering the TV there was nothing really to watch and after I finished grading papers I just folded some clothes and read before letting sleep take me away.

It has been raining off and on for the last couple of days. I am continuing to be thankful that the rain is here because of the "greeness" that will come... even if I would enjoy some sunshine. :) There was no wind this afternoon right after we got home so I thought I would go outside after I finished cleaning and photograph a few cherry blossoms and forsythia blooms. Well... it is raining again... so there goes that. lol

By the way... I still hate ants. They seem to be in so many different places in the house that we don't know where to start killing them. It is time for the "Big Dog Exterminator" and stop using this spray and those traps. UGH.

Tonight I am going to treat the kids to a Starbucks "coffee drink"... they don't know it yet. :) I love surprising them. After that we'll probably watch a movie or something. If I can stay awake long enough I will watch one for myself when they go to bed.

2 comments:

mc said...

Sounds like a cozy evening. My boys love a good Starbucks hot chocolate. Will carries his around like it is coffee and tries to look grown up!

wendy said...

It always cracks me up to see kids with the trendy little Starbucks cups. They think they are so cool :) Have a nice weekend.