Friday, March 06, 2009

03/06/09

I thought of my friend Gretchen when I took this gerber daisy. (One of my students gave this to me for Valentine's Day... I have another flower one of my students gave me this week that I'll be sharing this weekend, I hope.) I realize I have taken lots of flowers in my past, but I just can't resist.... I am so drawn to them!



I love to teach!!

I realize most of you already know this fact, but I just had to say it. By this time of year I am really enjoying my kids because of them knowing ME and how things work in the classroom. It always makes me sad around this time that I don't have much longer with them before I have to "give them up" and start over. I love the challenge and enjoyment each new year brings, but there is always a bittersweet moment to it.

All of my students, past and present, hold a special place in my heart. I may not always remember their names, unfortunately, and have to call them "Honey" or "Dear" if I see them, but they are still there. It always thrills my heart to see ones from the past come see me.

I find many times the kids begin to shy away from you as a former teacher when they get older because they are trying to figure out who they ARE, and their second grade teacher isn't always at the top of the list of priorities! ha!!! I enjoy watching them grow up and change. It is neat to see how they "turn out."

My first class is a Junior in College now. Pretty soon I will have been teaching long enough to be teaching children of the children I have taught. Wow.... I'm not ready to go there just yet. lol

Enough of that rambling.... I just love imparting knowledge of little minds and am so thankful for that gift from the Lord!

Off to go on a date with my precious man. We haven't really had time to ourselves since Asheville so it will be nice to be with just him tonight. We've cleaned and gotten the house in order so that always helps, too. :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Just beautiful! Have fun with your sweetie! :)

Amy said...

Beautiful pictures!! I hope you enjoyed your date night!!

Katrina said...

I would never be tired of your flower pictures.
Your students are very lucky to have such a caring teacher!

High5Hughes said...

Your love for teaching shines through in a BIG way........to the students and their parents! Thank you for all you do! We love and appreciate you!