Sunday, March 08, 2009

03/08/09


I was reminded today of what Christ did for me on the cross. It is something that is always there in my mind... but also good to take the time to really think of the price that was paid for me and you. It brought tears to my eyes today.

Isaiah 52:14
As many were astonied (astonished - numb to look) at thee; his visage (appearance) was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:

Isaiah 53:5
But he was wounded (pierced through) for our transgressions, he was bruised (crushed) for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes (blows that cut in) we are healed.

Here is a hymn we partially sung in a medley today and I knew this was the one I needed to post with the verses we meditated on today.

When I Survey the Wondrous Cross

When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of Glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss,
And pour contempt on all my pride.

Forbid it Lord, that I should boast,
Save in the death of Christ, my God;
All the vain things that charm me most,
I sacrifice them to His blood.

See, from His head, His hands, His feet,
Sorrow and love flow mingled down;
Did e'er such love and sorrow meet,
Or thorns compose so rich a crown?

Were the whole realm of nature mine,
That were a present far too small;
Love so amazing so divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all.


It is not what I have done to gain a place in Heaven, but what Christ did for me on that cross. He suffered, bled and died. I cannot even comprehend the suffering that He took for me. Oh that I would always remember that the love He showed and the gift of His life for me demands my soul, my life, my ALL.

Galatians 6:14
But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Thank you for sharing Kellie. We do owe Him our all, all the time.

Amy said...

What amazing DOF you achieved in this shot! :)