Friday, March 20, 2009

03/20/09

These pics are of Oak Leaf Hydrangea just beginning to open... I just love the detail I am able to capture through my lens. (click on them to view larger) There are so many times I still find myself amazed at the details in God's Creation. Notice the stem on this hydrangea... see those little dots around the "new growth" in the last picture? I never would have paid attention to that before photography came so much a part of me. I have said this before, but when I have the camera in my hand I feel the stress of the day fall away and get so excited to see something that normally I would pass by. I think I could wander around somewhere aimlessly for hours photographing something and never feel bored.


I am thankful this crazy week has passed.... I'll leave it at that.

Isabelle is doing SO much better today. She had to stay in the kids bathroom last night so she could be calmer and if there were problems it would be easier to clean. She cried ALL night from what Mikayla said this morning. She just didn't understand why she was in there all alone. It broke my heart. Sampson was not happy she was in there, either. He kept laying in front of the bathroom door trying to find her.

Steve let her out this afternoon since she was doing so much better. He said that Sampson and Isabelle just loved all over each other when she came out of the bathroom. This sounds crazy but they are as close to each other as Wesley and Mikayla are. You would have thought that cats wouldn't be that way as they got older... especially since they are boy/girl. When the kids and I got home from school they were both laying in the sunshine together. I need to take pics of them to show how much they have grown.

Mikayla has a birthday party sleepover tonight and Steve just took Wesley to hit some golf balls. I have TONS of papers to grade... and the house should probably be cleaned... but after my week, I think tonight I'm going to chill instead. Sometimes you have to listen to your body over what your brain says you should do. lol :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Fabulous news that Isabelle is doing better and back with Sampson. :)

That is some great detail you captured, it really pops when you click on the photos to see them larger.