Monday, March 16, 2009

03/16/09

Good day today but, oh, so busy. Bible projects came in today and along with my own class I had to help Mikayla with her food project because she had so many parts. She BEAMED when she was serving her classmates. I was so proud of her. Wesley brought his project in today, too, but hasn't presented it yet. His teacher loved the house. My students did an awesome job on theirs and I can't wait for them to present them. We just didn't have time to do as many today with other things happening.


The Lord gave me opportunity to help a friend today. In researching some Scripture for my friend, the Lord spoke to me, too. I just needed to share.

Psalm 46
(1) God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(2) Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
(3) Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof.
(4) There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
(5) God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
(6) The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
(7) The Lord of hosts is with us: the God of Jacob is our refuge.
(8) Come, behold the works of the Lord, what desolations he hath made in the earth.
(9) He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
(10) Be still and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
(11) The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge.



This song was also one that came to me as I was helping my friend. The older I get the sweeter the old hymns become to me. There is a lot of deep truth from God's Word that are in them. Praise songs are beautiful too, but I wish there was more of an appreciation for the hymns in our churches today.


Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus
by Helen Lemmel

O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There's light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!

Turn your eyes upon Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face, And the things of earth will grow strangely dim In the light of His glory and grace.

His word shall not fail you He promised;
Believe Him, and all will be well;
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!

Turn your eyes upon Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face, And the things of earth will grown strangely dim In the light of His glory and grace.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

I often find myself humming the chorus of that hymn when I need a boost (which can be daily). I hope your week slows down a bit for you :)

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

I love this song! ...beautiful words! And the verse of BE STILL resonates through my mind often!

Happy St. Pat's to you and your family! :) ~hugs, Rhonda