Thursday, March 05, 2009

03/05/09

Yellow and red roses.... they are so pretty to me.


Here is an excerpt from a book I am reading right now.

As I was reading this the other day it really spoke to me about my literal "walk with the Lord." These words I read begin with a main character explaining to another character "What is God like?"

The title is The Eleventh Hour - Secret of the Rose by Michael Phillips. (The rose photo was quite fitting, huh?) It is on pages 142 & 143 just so you know! :)

"There is no single, specific answer to the question, What is God like, Matthew (character), like a box full of ideas, or a list of characteristics, or a set of principles that I can recite off to you. There's no list of God's attributes. The answer to your question, as I said, is a pathway, not a list. Do you understand what I mean?"

"No, sir, I'm afraid I don't."

"The answer, Matthew, is a journey, a path you travel along, a process of ongoing and continual discovery. That's why I said I would rather show you the pathway than try to give you an answer. Because the full answer is something you can only discover for yourself. If you are in earnest about wanting to know what God's character is like, this pathway is a lifetime journey you must embark on. No one can do it for you.

.....

"The quest to discover who God is never stops. The pathway has not pot of gold at its end where you someday find a single answer. The pathway goes forever, every step adding more and more to the discovery, adding more and more fullness to our capacity to recognize and know who God is and what his purpose is."

WOW...

That is so true.

I have a WALK with the Lord... a journey of learning and discovering Who He is through reading His Word, listening to His "still small voice" ... and growing in that. If I am the same as I was a year ago... six months ago.... a week ago... then I am not discovering God.

I am thankful for the journey.

The journey may not always be easy.

It may even be mysterious at times.

But throughout the journey I never have to fear that the Lord will leave me. He is there every step of the way.

3 comments:

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Great Post, Kellie! I agree, Who God is, is a quest we must all go through individually. But oh what a blessing as we seek Him and desire to know Him better and better! Beautiful pics! :) ~hugs, Rhonda

Katrina said...

I LOVE the orange rose. Beautiful photo Kellie.

'In the Garden' is one of my favorite hymns. I have a lot of favorites so I bet we have a few in common.

Amy said...

Gorgeous rose, my fave shot is the first one. :)

I agree, the shots go perfectly with the book.

My favorite hymn is 'How Great Thou Art'.