Monday, March 02, 2009

03/02/09

Ever paid much attention to flowers right before they bloom? I did with these daffodils... just thought it was a different perspective from what I always capture. They were pitiful today in the snow.


Yes... we had snow today and were out of school again. Snow in March in NC.... that is something we haven't seen in a LONG time. I didn't get out in it this time... already had so many snow pictures and I didn't feel like getting wet. lol Plus, Steve had worked all night and was sleeping most of the day so we had to be extra quiet. I didn't get a lot accomplished because of that, but his sleep was more important. Let's just say it was a battle as the day wore on to keep two children in control of themselves.

We did work on Wesley's Bible project while we were out today. He is building - making a model - of a house during the time when Jesus lived. It was neat watching him work with clay today making the pottery and such. I showed him how to do one but made him figure out the others and I was amazed at what he created. He loves projects, he tells me. lol They are fun to me, too, so I guess that is where he gets it from. Mikayla has to do the same project but she is making a food dish. Kevin sent me a recipe for the type of stew many think was what Jacob would have fixed for Esau when he sold his birthright. She's going to have a blast making it. When we finish Wesley's I'll show pics... and when Mikayla cooks I will show those, too.

My finger is better... had to let it get some air today. It still has its moments. lol

I think I have become danger-proned, though.... tonight as I was coloring my hair I dropped coloring in my EYE!! Oh, that burned! I have NEVER had that happen in all of these years. Go figure.... I think my contact saved it from being worse. OY.

4 comments:

Amy said...

That's the prettiest dandelion I've ever seen...I think it's of the daffodil variety! :) I'm glad to hear your finger is better and that your eye is okay, I bet that was uncomfortable! :)

Sal Cartusciello said...

You color your hair? I don't worry about those type of things. :-)

Gretchen said...

I LOVE these pictures... you know I get excited over flower pics =)

Ahh... the dangerous life of a mommy! Such wild adventure, such risks!

Amy said...

So how much snow did y'all get?? The snow just missed us. About 25 miles up the road they got a good bit, we just missed it. I must say I am not to sad about it. I am pretty much done with winter...I am ready for spring :-)

Glad to hear your finger is better!!

Can't wait to see pictures of the projects :-)