Tuesday, March 17, 2009

03/17/09

I'm just a wee bit 'Irish today, my lads!


We had a green tasting party at school today..... hee hee

I made my students try all of these green foods:


broccoli
bell pepper
kiwi
grapes
olives
guacamole
honeydew
melon
pickles
granny smith apples
cucumbers

Some of my little people found that these healthy things weren't all that bad. Some found that there were A LOT of differences between tastes. (The olive faces were fun to watch...)


It's always good to try new things. Over my 37 years I have learned to love certain foods I didn't think I'd ever like.
According to Kevin I still am learning. lol (goat cheese, right Kevin...)

They also got to enjoy a couple of "Irish" cookies and some "Dark Chocolate Mint" Hershey Kisses. Until today I never knew Hershey made those things!! They were tasty.


I sacrificed for my students and helped finish up the guacamole. I had many who decided they liked it so I had to fight them for it. It was ugly. Teachers rule, you know. :)


Off to spread St. Patrick's Day cheer with my sweet family by eating an Italian meal (spaghetti) that my wonderful Steve has made for us and then do some Irish Flashcards later. Hope y'all found that pot of gold today at the end of your rainbow. hee hee


4 comments:

Katie said...

hahaha... do you remember when we did that and Mrs. Tally brought green eggs and ham and Caleb threw it up all over the lunch room? I think that was for this holiday!?!?

Kevin said...

Oh, yes! You are definitely still learning! Maybe we should get you some green goat cheese???? At least some green Snofrisk!!!!

wendy said...

I want to know how you were able to persuade them all to try everything. I'm pretty sure at least one boy in my class wouldn't do it. He's the same kid that brings cereal for lunch on the days when he doesn't bring a peanut butter sandwich. It's a great idea. I'm going to have to store that one up for next year.

Amy said...

Beautiful rainbow over the silo. Sound like fun, green day! :)