Tuesday, March 10, 2009

03/10/09

Hope y'all are not tired of roses....


Wow... what a crazy, busy, hectic, exhausting day. I just will not even tell you all that happened, but I am glad to finally be home and have a moment of quietness when the kids finally get to bed. lol


Today my class (and the other second grade classes) went to a local Senior Center to have a mission outreach. The kids made cards and when we gave them the cards the kids got to talk to the older people a bit and hug them. They also sang a few songs and recited our theme verse for the year.


I was also able to walk around and talk/hug many of the older folks, too. They were so happy we came and couldn't say enough about the students. It really blessed my heart knowing we had been a blessing to them. As I walked around I noticed a few that reminded me of Miss Pearl that kept Wesley and Mikayla when they were babies. It made my heart miss her quite a lot.

I asked Wesley and Mikayla what their thoughts were from our trip to see the older folks today. They both said they wished we had stayed longer to spend more time with the people. (Wesley, especially) I was so glad to hear that. I want them to learn early to respect and value those that are much older.

Poor little Sampson isn't doing so hot with some of his "fixedness".... he has had normal "complications" with it and Steve had to take him back this afternoon to make sure he wasn't having an infection. He was a bit dehydrated and they are giving him some new pain meds. I'm going to snuggle with him tonight since Steve is working late. He really isn't himself right now.

Off to do flashcards and finish up homework.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Beautiful rose pictures!

When I was growing up we used to visit the nursing home a lot. I really enjoyed going and spending time with them!! I have a special place in my heart for senior citizens. They are such sweet people!! Before C came along L and I did Meals on Wheels. They were always so happy to see us. Once C gets bigger we are going to start back.

I hope Sampson gets to feeling better!!