Thursday, January 29, 2009

01/29/09


Here are some snow-covered collards from my Mom and Dad's garden. I like the green against that white. The detail of the veins in the collards are nice, too. It is too bad I just don't eat them. I would rather eat Turnip Greens. lol


As I sit here, and truly cannot talk with a voice because my adventures in the snow last week have given me a cold, I am continually amazed at how our bodies are designed and work.

I was talking with a friend at school today who said something quite funny. Even though our bodies have issues the older we become, they are still under a great "warranty." She made the statement "I am almost 50 years old and my pipes still work! Now that is a warranty!" Ha!!! So true... God has made our bodies to fight off infections, keep us safe from germs, etc.. If we really knew all that COULD happen with our bodies we would be in shock. Our great God Who designed us made our bodies awesome even in this sin-cursed state. It makes me realize that even though I may not be able to breathe through my nose well right now, my body is working. I was not created by chance, I was designed by the Creator.

It's a good thing I can still type or you wouldn't get to read me today. ha!! I hope my voice holds out for the kiddos tomorrow. It was leaving me by the end of the day. A quiet Kellie... now that is a miracle. :)

6 comments:

mc said...

I can't believe I am not the only Southern girl who doesn't like collards. Give me any other green, just not that one! LOL!

Morgan said...

No, no...."mc" you are not the only southern girl who doesn't like collards. Make that 2! ; ) I like the pictures of collards, though!!

Sal Cartusciello said...

What is a collard?

Morgan said...

LOL.....NORTHERNER! Can spot 'em a mile away!!!!

Simply put? It's something you eat with cornbread, how 'bout that?

Amy said...

I've never had a collard or turnip green. :) I hope you have your voice today! :)

Amy said...

Love the collard pictures!!! Me and kiddos LOVE collards, my husband...not so much. He won't eat them. Oh well that just leaves more for us :-)

I hope you get to feeling better. Last week we were all sick with a cold. No fun!!!