Tuesday, January 27, 2009

01/27/09

More snow pics of snow on various things around my Mom's yard and her porch area. :)




I saw this on my friend Amy's blog. I decided to "catch the excitement" and do it, too. The things in bold and different color are things I have done. After going through the list it seems I have led a somewhat boring life. LOL!!!


1. Started your own blog (well...you're reading it!)

2. Slept under the stars

3. Played in a band (flute)

4. Visited Hawaii

5. Watched a meteor shower

6. Given more than you can afford to charity

7. Been to Disneyland/world (WORLD... a LONG TIME AGO)

8. Climbed a mountain

9. Held a praying mantis (does observing one closely in a carrier at school count????)

10. Sang a solo (You don't really want me doing that. lol)

11. Bungee jumped

12. Visited Paris

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea (sortof... kind of)

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch (Calligraphy)

15. Adopted a child

16. Had food poisoning

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty

18. Grown your own vegetables (I helped)

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France

20. Slept on an overnight train

21. Had a pillow fight

22. Hitch-hiked

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill

24. Built a snow fort (sortof... for being in the south)

25. Held a lamb

26. Read Gone with the Wind

27. Run a Marathon

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice

29. Seen a total eclipse

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset

31. Hit a home run

32. Been on a cruise

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors (that would be Germany and I'd sure love to do that one day.)

35. Seen an Amish community (Lancaster County, PA... LOVED IT!!!!)

36. Taught yourself a new language (HAHAHAHA... that is comical for me...)

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (That is a tricky question... I have all I need in life because money isn't the key to everything. Would more money help sometimes, yes, but it would only cause us to get more, it seems. Learning to depend on the Lord with that...)

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person

39. Gone rock climbing

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David

41. Sung karaoke

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt

43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant

44. Visited Africa

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight

46. Been transported in an ambulance

47. Had your portrait painted

48. Gone deep sea fishing... as deep sea fishing as I can go. It was about 3 miles off the coast. lol

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris

51. Gone snorkeling or scuba diving (COMICAL... maybe I should post that story here sometime.)

52. Kissed in the rain

53. Played in the mud

54. Gone to a drive-in theater

55. Been in a movie

56. Visited the Great Wall of China

57. Started a business

58. Taken a martial arts class

59. Visited Russia

60. Served at a soup kitchen

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies

62. Gone whale watching

63. Gotten flowers for no reason

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma

65. Gone sky diving

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp

67. Bounced a check (a LONG time ago, thankfully)

68. Flown in a helicopter

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial

71. Eaten Caviar

72. Pieced a quilt (I am counting this as I do this with my students on a VERY SMALL scale.)

73. Stood in Times Square

74. Toured the Everglades... I flew OVER them once... does that count? lol

75. Swam in the Mediterranean Sea (from Monaco)

76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London

77. Broken a bone

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person

80. Published a book

81. Visited the Vatican

82. Bought a brand new car (twice... a 97 GMC Jimmy and the great "Golden Chariot" known as my Van....)

83. Walked in Jerusalem

84. Had your picture in the newspaper

85. Read the entire Bible... never done that straight through. I always skip around to different books.

86. Visited the White House (from a distance because of a bomb threat that day!)

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating

88. Had chickenpox (fourth grade... the DAY before my class came to our farm for a field trip! I missed the fun and had to wave to them from the windows of the house.)

89. Saved someone’s life

90. Sat on a jury

91. Met someone famous (famous to me... she used to be a DJ on a country station around here... she KNOWS who she is...)

92. Joined a book club

93. Lost a loved one

94. Had a baby (TWO at the same time, thank you very much.)

95. Seen the Alamo in person

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake

97. Been involved in a lawsuit

98. Owned a cell phone

99. Been stung by a bee

2 comments:

mc said...

I love the angel statue with her "hat" and "coat"!!

Amy said...

How fun, I love that you played along! It's so fun to read these things and learn random tidbits about friends...you'll have to fill us in on the snorkeling adventures. Oh yeah, I LOVE your shots, they're beautiful! :)