Wednesday, January 21, 2009

01/21/09

Here are a few shots I took yesterday in the snow. I have had a great time going around photographing the beauty that fell yesterday. It was my "gift from the Lord" as I have been wanting to get snow pics for a long time!!!




"

Yesterday we inaugurated a new President.

I did not vote for him.

I do not agree with a lot for which he stands.

However, he is now my President and I will respect him.

The Bible tells me I am to pray for those who have rule over me. It also states that God puts in place those in power... none of this happens by chance.

It just continues to remind me of the song I kept humming today:

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.

On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
All other ground is sinking sand.


My brother wrote an incredible post yesterday. (Click on the link of what I just wrote and it will take you to it!) I am encouraging all to read it. He is so much better with words than I am... I may "speak" a lot, but when Kevin writes something it is written very well and with much thought. His most recent post is no exception.

We had some more fun in the snow today. Mikayla wasn't here, though, because she spent the night with one of her friends. Steve even got to play today. Here are a few more pics from our adventures in the snow yesterday and today. :)

Our first attempt at a snowman yesterday... pitiful, but the best we could do. This was really powdery snow so it didn't pack well.

Finally... a proper head... looks cuter. :)

I fixed the kids some hot chocolate yesterday. YUM....

They loved it... and loved being home.

This is Steve trying to sled in a kiddie pool today. Needless to say, he didn't get very far. It gave us a great chuckle, though. :)

That is my sweet man heading toward me using a tarp of some kind as his sled when the kiddie pool didn't work. lol

I love this next shot... Steve was like a kid, too.

Yes... that would be ME there... looking goofy, but enjoying some fun, too.

Wesley and I crashed at the base of the hill.

Wesley tries it out with Steve, too. :)

No comments: