Thursday, January 15, 2009

01/15/09

Since I was teaching about a Colonial Cooper (the person who made barrels) today, I figured I'd post this picture of a barrel that was underneath a small windmill. I just like the DOF on this.


"Good grief"

That is what I keep hearing from Wesley these days.

It is cracking me up. I feel like I am living in a Charlie Brown cartoon or something. He is dead serious when he says it, too, which makes me chuckle even more.... I'm thinking that Steve says it a lot because I don't usually. I'll have to pay more attention!

OH.. and speaking of my wonderful son. He is also "killing" me with his OCD tendencies on the cleaning aspect of his life. As I was teaching at AWANA last night I was talking to the kids about obeying their parents with a happy heart and I used an illustration of cleaning their rooms and did a "drama moment" of doing the cleaning with a bad attitude. Well, Wesley speaks out "Not me! I LOVE cleaning MY room!" HAHHAHAHA... He was so bad with an OCD moment the other night I had to get on him for cleaning it so much! He was re-organizing his closet for the fiftieth time.

I was NEVER like that as a kid... more like Mikayla. I am more like that now. It just blows my mind that he is a BOY and is already that way about cleaning. (Inside, this Mother loves it but I don't want him to become one of those psychopaths like the guy in the movie Sleeping With the Enemy that was originally married to Julia Roberts' character... anyone remember that from 1991?????? That was one of the first movies Steve and I saw together on a date. lol)

I want to send a "HELLO!" out to my mother-in-law. She has recently gotten a computer (hee hee) and is now online for the very first time. She's reading my blog so I thought she'd feel special knowing she has made it to the blog. :)

Did you see a gift from the Lord today? Did you take notice? I did... I noticed the camellia bush in our yard is about to burst forth with beautiful flowers. I also saw the moon shining so brightly this morning when we arrived at school. If I had the right lens and the parking lot light was not nearby it would have made a beautiful picture as it was shining through the branches of a tree.

Want to share a gift you saw? I'd love to hear about it! :)

Off to finish up homework. Tomorrow's Friday! :)

2 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Young Wesley's "quirk" for cleaning sounds familiar. Hope it doesn't have it that "bad" for as long as I did. My daughter will tell you the stories, so just ask her next time. ;-)

Amy said...

Love your barrel shot, the dof is really nice. And hello to your MIL, how fun that she's now able to read your blog as I bet she's heard about it. :)

The gift I saw today was bulbs of some sort popping through the ground to say hello! I have no idea what they'll be, but I'm excited to find out...this wouldn't happen until June in Tahoe!