Tuesday, January 20, 2009

01/20/09

We finally had substantial snow today! I think we got around 5-7 inches here. It was a wonderful day. Yes, in the south here we DID get a day off of school. lol We are also off tomorrow. But since we don't get snow very often, it is a great treat.

I must admit that I have a new appreciation for my friend Amy who endured blizzards in Nevada all last winter. We just don't have the cold stuff enough to know!! Well, today I was out in it a lot more than I ever have since I was a child and my body was frozen to the core... especially my feet and hands. I thought they were going to break off. Kudos to all of you who live where it snows often!

I'll show more pics later... enjoy these for now!


We were outside by 8:00 or so this morning. lol The kids were beyond excited when we got the call they had canceled school!

Can you tell it was WINDY this morning?????

Poor Mikayla couldn't really look at me the snow was blowing in her face so much.


3 comments:

mc said...

Snow lovers unite! I was looking forward to your pics, Kellie. Mine are not photographically great, but I am so glad to have snow pics of my kids again! Have fun!

Gretchen said...

Wasn't it the best?! We had so much fun in the snow!!!
Your pictures are so FUN! I love how you captured the wind.

PS: I love the look of your new header, too!

Amy said...

Wow, y'all got a lot of snow!!!! Our snow was gone by around 2 yesterday afternoon, but it was fun while it lasted :-)

Love all your pictures!!! I especially like the wind blowing one. Very cool!! Can't wait to see more :-)