Monday, January 26, 2009

01/26/09

While I am posting birds, I'll do these Canada Geese, too. I took these the same day as the Great Blue Heron. I have never been able to get up close to the Canada Geese that come to the house so these by Regency gave me a chance to get better shots without them running from me. Of course, we are not thrilled when the geese come to our house because they leave their droppings all over the place. These were lovely because they were not on our property. lol




I have thought more on my post from yesterday. My friend Sal brought out a point on which I really began thinking.

He said it isn't really a bad thing to be known as one thing from 30 years ago like that guest pastor talked about him only being known for playing soccer so well. Sal said it opens a door to begin to talk about your life's journey and what the Lord has done in your life since! He made the comment that he is not the same person he was at twenty.

It was a great perspective and I appreciated it.

With Sal talking about how life is a journey and we all grow and learn, it caused me to reflect on how the Lord has changed me. I am not the same person I used to be in high school (thankfully!) but I am still ME... just better because of how the Lord has walked me through the good times and carried me through the bad times. All of life is learning as I have stated many times before.

I guess a new way to see the perspective that was taught yesterday would be "Am I the SAME as I was "way back when" or have I grown/changed in my journey through life?" If I am the same as I used to be, that is not always bad because we all have good qualities, but if we haven't changed some bad habits, that is not a growth in the journey and in the Lord. If I have changed, then that really does open a door to share with others how the Lord has worked in your life. What a wonderful witnessing tool!

I'm probably making no sense tonight. Sal just got me thinking in a different path and it was a good one. He sees this from a different viewpoint as he found the Lord later in life and can see what "used to be" in his life. He's a great friend and I value his thoughts. :) My musings in type may not come across as clearly as the conversation I had with him today.

I hope it gives you something to "chew on" like it has for me.

Psalm 51:10
Create in me a clean heart, O God;
and renew a right spirit within me.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

I LOVE Canadian Geese....they are my favorite, favorite bird by far. They are just so graceful and regal all at the same time. I remember stopping traffic on Walnut Street, near the Home Depot so about 20 of them could cross that busy street. My fellow drivers and I had the best time and were giggling watching them cross with their little ones.