Saturday, January 03, 2009

01/03/09

This is a picture I took the other day at my best friend's dad's farm. All of this extra "stuff" was neatly stacked underneath their barns. I'll be showing lots of the pics from that day so stay tuned. I have been working on them the last couple of days.


Mikayla successfully made her first meal tonight. I helped her, of course, but she made Mexican Omelets. We had turkey bacon and grits with them and they turned out really well. She was so tickled with herself in the kitchen.

She has a desire to be in the kitchen that I never had. That is actually a bit sad for me to realize I never had that. I must admit that I felt quite inadequate beside her tonight trying to tell her how to do things... me, the person who rarely cooks anymore. It made me stop to wonder whether I was truly being the Mother to my daughter that I should be in that respect.

I will say, however, that being with her in the kitchen like that and working with her was a memory I'll always keep. Unfortunately, I was too busy turning omelets to get a picture and Steve was outside working on the barn so you'll have to imagine what it all looked like. It made me smile to see her so happy and in her element. She's going to be a great cook.

Tonight we watched Prince Caspian since I finished the book last night. It was great and is a wonderful addition to the Narnia series.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Great shot, I love all of the different textures!

How wonderful that Mikayla enjoys cooking, both of my girls do and we have fun making (usually baking) things together. It is a great memory. :)

Amy said...

I know Mikayla's meal turned out wonderful!! I let Laurel make a meal for us a few months back. She did so well and it was really yummy too!!

How is the Paula Deen cookbook?