Sunday, January 11, 2009

01/11/09

Yes... more shots from the farm that day. This is a pecan tree and the "fruit" that came from it. My best friend's dad had an awesome crop of pecans this year and we were able to share in the bounty. They are wonderful pecans... and Steve has been cracking shells all over the place in the house. He doesn't have a pecan "cracker" (whatever you call those... it just left me) but he uses his hand... and I have also seen him use one of his tools. lol


In Sunday School today our teacher was talking about how most people today do not really know how to give true honor and praise to God. We try... and give our best but we just do not fully understand His might because we live in a sin-cursed world and have never seen the true and pure glory of the Lord. We are studying in Isaiah and how God called Isaiah to service and before him stood seraphims... angels that had 6 wings: one set covered their faces which showed humility, one set covered their feet which showed respect and the other set allowed them to fly which showed service. Isaiah SAW God and trembled. These verses were very neat for me to read today and it gave me something to "chew" on as the day progressed. I just thought I'd share them here tonight.

Isaiah 6:3-5
And one (seraphim) cried unto another and said, Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.
And the posts of the door mved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.
Then said I (Isaiah), Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

Isaiah didn't know what to do with himself by seeing the true glory of God. We see the glory of God in different ways today... through His Word, through His Creation, yet we still fall short in praising Him. We get so caught up in our lives that we fail and each day we must be renewed in our desire to honor Him with our lives. Take time to give God the GLORY for He is HOLY.

Here is the song "Majesty" I remember singing when I was in highschool. Kevin also used to play a beautiful version of this on the piano. He needs to do that again... hint, hint. I wish I could have the music playing in the background as you read the words, but if you know the tune, you'll just have to hum it. If not... google it. :)

Majesty, worship his majesty;
Unto Jesus be all glory, honor, and praise.
Majesty, kingdom authority,
Flow from his throne unto his own, his anthem raise.
So exalt, lift up on high the name of Jesus.
Magnify, come glorify Christ Jesus, the King.
Majesty, worship his majesty,
Jesus who died, now glorified, King of all kings.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm loving all of the farm shots! My favorite here are the pecans, I'd love to have some of those!!! :)

p.s. LOVE your new header!

Sal Cartusciello said...

I like your new "title" area. Very nice.

Amy said...

Love the pecan pictures!! Pecans are so yummy!! We don't have one of those peacan crackers. I just take two pecans and squeeze them together until they break. Nothing like a fresh pecan :-)