Sunday, November 30, 2008

11/30/08


These ornaments are quite special for today. These are the ornaments that were given to us by different people the year we were married. Hard to believe they are now fifteen years old. The kitties were a gift from my adopted grandmother and the other I received from my boss for where I was an Office Manager when Steve and I got married. Both are Hallmark.

My online blogger buddy, Wendy, asked me where I am going to put all of my ornaments I keep collecting. I will say that this year I didn't use any of the ball or "other" ornaments that come in groups of 4 or more. All of the ornaments this year are ones we have bought at places we visit, homemade from the kids, ones from students, or my major Hallmark collection. The theory is... when Wesley and Mikayla leave home they will have all of their ornaments to begin their tradition in their homes. That is... if I let them leave. lol

I've almost finished Christmas cards... another thing off the list.

Today our Youth Pastor preached since our Pastor is out of town with family. He spoke on the recession.... and how we can make sure we have "Recession Proof Christianity." The passage of scripture was from Proverbs 3:19-26 ~~ here it is in the version of the New American Standard Bible:

19The LORD by wisdom founded the earth,
By understanding He established the heavens.
20By His knowledge the deeps were broken up
And the skies drip with dew.
21My son, let them (God's wisdom and knowledge) not vanish from your sight;
Keep sound wisdom and discretion,
22So they will be life to your soul
And adornment to your neck.
23Then you will walk in your way securely
And your foot will not stumble.
24When you lie down, you will not be afraid;
When you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
25Do not be afraid of sudden fear
Nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes;
26For the LORD will be your confidence
And will keep your foot from being caught.

When we have fears over work, the economy, paying bills, etc... we are to put our thoughts on the Lord and fear not. I love verse 26... He is my confidence, my strength, my everything. It was good to hear this morning.

May this passage of Scripture give you something to think about!!

2 comments:

mc said...

Kellie, we have done the Hallmark ornament thing with our boys too! They each have ornaments from the time they were born. Nowadays, Will chooses ornaments like Star Wars and Hot Wheels. I do hope he takes those when he moves out! LOL

Amy said...

Kellie, we have so many ornaments that I've had to cut out the ball and set kinds too! We do two trees, one Disney only and the other with family, travel, gift ornaments. :)