Tuesday, November 18, 2008

11/18/09

A few more "visions of fall...."



It was quite cold and actually SNOWED here today in good ole NC!! We saw it snow three separate times. Maybe this is a sign that we'll actually get a little bit this year. We haven't had any substantial snow in many years. The Kindergartners at school were amazed to see actual snow because in their lifetime it hasn't done that much. lol

We began play practice today. Our second grade is doing "The Tale of the Three Trees." It is one of my all time favorite stories. Wesley is the tree that wants to live on the hillside and point people to God but is instead made into the cross. Mikayla wanted a singing part so she is a "special singer" for the trees that dream of what they want to be one day. This will be weird being in charge of the play of which Wesley and Mikayla are also a part. I hope it turns out well. It will be interesting trying to photograph them while directing the play, too! ha!!!

Our pianist for the play is one of my parents this year (HEY, Lynne!). She has been a great encouragement when it comes to me having to teach the songs.

For those of you that know me well.... YES, I TEACH THE SONGS.

Singing is not my gift.

NO.... not at all.

You see, in long ago times I was a soprano. You know....in those younger years where everyone takes chorus at school. Then came cheerleading for me and that was the end of soprano singing. I am a good alto... on a good day and those days do not come often!! I am literally an octave lower than everyone else, it seems. Does that mean I sing bass for women???? lol I try really hard to follow notes and such, but I am NOT musically inclined in that department. I love music, I just don't have the ability as others do. Every Sunday it seems I am all over the place when singing our hymns at church. I have improved over the years and can actually keep a tune better now. When I was downstairs teaching in my old room at school, my "neighbors" (two teachers next door) picked on me all of the time. That's OK.... they forced me to learn how to be a bit more "on key." LOL

No matter what, I try to make a "joyful noise" to the Lord. I pray our play will be a blessing to those who see it as well.

I really need to go glue some more tea set pieces together.... and sit by the fire.... and drink some coffee..... Contentment. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for making me famous!lol :)Like I said earlier today, you did a great job teaching the kids and they really enjoyed it! You are always a joy to be with! See you tomorrow!!

Gretchen said...

That first picture is glorious!
Yes, autumn is still my favorite.

I'm with you on the singing dept. Though I've never been a soprano, I tend to want every song to be an octave lower than it is written. Even my alto, has gone ... south. :o)

Amy said...

I love that first picture!!!!!

Ok, you need to send some of that snow on down here :-) I am HOPING we get some this year. It has been a long time since we have had a good snow.

I know the play will turn out fabulous! I too love that story!

Amy said...

Kellie, You would not want to hear me sing, your eardrums would EXPLODE! :) Unfortunately, I love to sing, so at church I sing with my icky, but VERY joyful voice! LOL! The play sounds cute, I love that story too.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Kellie, I snowed here, just a little on the coast yesterday too! We were amazed! So sorry about the tea set! Wishing you much success gluing it together! ~Rhonda :)

Oh, and great pics! :) You have a wonderful gift capturing God's beautiful creations!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

oppps...meant to write, IT snowed here, not I! :)